RSS Feed Print
Steampunk Authors
Matthew Sylvester
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:47 PM

Hello all,

I was wondering if there were any fellow steampunk authors out there? I've put up the first three chapters of my book, Shattered Lands: Torquemaster Rising and would love to hook up with like-minded authors.

cameronchapman
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 9:10 PM

Nothing up here at the moment, but I've got a steampunk novella series in the works (The Steam and Steel Chronicles, first two ebooks are out for Kindle, Nook, etc.). I love the genre, but it's not the only thing I write.
Elaine Turner
Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2011 7:04 PM

Steampunk right here! I would love to read your posts! I finished my first Steampunk novel last summer, and will complete my 2nd hopefully in June.
I also like Fantasy and have a project on hold in that genre. Admittedly Steampunk is my first love.
Robert C Roman
Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 1:37 PM

I've got two published SteamPunk stories, both novellas. I've four to five novel-length books planned in the same (Iron Angel) series.

So, um... Yeah.
Alex Hollingshead
Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 4:11 PM

It's not the dominant genre, but some of the technology featured has some heavy steampunk/dieselpunk influences, for sure.
J Boone Dryden
Posted: Saturday, May 7, 2011 12:40 AM

I have one YA Steampunk novel I wrote last year (and have not really delved into major edits on). I also have a short piece published on 365Tomorrows.com. I love the genre and all it has to offer. If I get a bit of interest, I might post a bit of the novel up here. Feel free to follow or message me if you'd like to offer some thoughts.
Joe Selby
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:08 PM

I came to steampunk a decade ago when its definition wasn't so rigid (when Clockwork was lumped in with steampunk rather than being its own sub-subgenre). As such, I call my stories pre-steampunk, as they no longer fit in the steampunk prescription. I'm writing a trilogy in a fantasy setting at the start of an industrial revolution that ushers in steam technology, so I get to salt the setting with interesting gadgets without necessarily having zeppelins or airplanes (and it's not set in an alternate earth).
KimFlowers
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:50 PM

Hi, I have just joined this site.  I have a steampunk series published through QueerTeen Press.  So far there are two short stories published, one forthcoming, and I'm working on the fourth.  For now they're e-books but after they've all been released we plan to make them into a paperback!  The first short is called "Amelia's Revolution" and the second "Two-Spirit's Red Road."  I'm still trying to think of a series title to tie them all together for the paperback.

I also write dystopia and contemporary.  I hope this is a great place to meet other writers!

Lucy Silag
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:50 AM

Hi Kim!

Thanks for posting--super excited to have you here and to get to learn more about your work.

Welcome to the site! I am about to send you a connection request, and then I can PM you with some helpful links that you can use as you get oriented.

We are going to be talking A LOT about dystopias here on the site in November, since we are all excited for the release of CATCHING FIRE.

Keep in touch!

Lucy

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Jump to different Forum...