RSS Feed Print
When was the first time you called yourself a writer?
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 11:18 AM

Was it so long ago that you can barely remember? Or was it only recently?

And who did you call yourself a writer to?

Perry
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2015 9:33 AM

I write articles for a community events newspaper and short fiction and creative nonfiction for journals and newsletters. I've won a few modest prizes in small writing contests, sold stories to magazines and journals, and I've had two short story collections published by a small traditional publisher. I've made a little bit of money from writing, but not very much.

When I've spoken to groups, I've told them that "I'm trying to be a writer," and that my best story so far is my next one. That, and a short reading, will bring the sale of another half a box of my books.

genfr1tzie
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2015 3:02 PM

When I got a job related to writing. I started way back, however, this job of mine was like the one that verified it, in some ways, it made me think, "Oh, I'm a real writer now." 

~gen

Amanda Kimberley
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 8:59 PM

I was only 9 when my first poem was published in a local rag around here and had consistently published other poems, articles, and short stories throughout my school career in literary magazines, anthologies, and the web, but it has only been recent that I've called myself a writer and author because everyone in my home state started to call me one. It started after they saw an article about my most recent recognition form my blog on fibromyalgia in the major local paper here. LOL! Pretty weird huh?
Amber Wolfe
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2015 5:23 PM

When I joined this site, and got my first gut-wrenching review here

That's when I started calling myself a writer, once I had the courage to seek counsel for my WIP Destiny's Bond. The day I became serious about writing fiction is the day I called myself a writer.

Amber

shopsydney01
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2015 5:35 AM

Yeah you're right there mate
DianaRoseWilson
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 3:20 AM

I don't think I've referred to myself as a writer.  I don't feel as though I've earned the title yet.  Not 'hired' yet.  

The road is long.

Jump to different Forum...