RSS Feed Print
Hi everyone!(1)
DCapil
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:26 AM

Hi everyone. My name is Donna and I live in Nelson, New Zealand.

My working background has been in social work and counselling. After many years of service, I threw the towel in and took up pen and paper - no longer to write reports - but to get the stories that have been running around inside my head out. I have always loved reading, after finishing the book I would sit and marvel at the author's talent and ability to develop plots, twists and turns, amazing world-building and memorable characters that left a lasting impression. Ah, the joys of a good book or movie after a week of crap.

I joined the Romance Writers of New Zealand (RWNZ) as well as the local branch and have learnt so much from so many talented people. I have written mostly short stories, less than a 10k word-count. I took up the 2013 Nanowrimo challenge to see if I could push out 50k. Well, I surprised myself and wrote half of my first novel - Shadows of the Mist. This is my WIP which falls into the paranormal romance genre (I hope).

I look forward to making connections and getting to know people in this community.

Thanks everyone.

Lucy Silag
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 12:48 PM

Hi Donna!

So glad you posted on the Discussion Boards. Welcome!

So many congrats on doing Nano, and for all the other exciting things you are doing in the world of romance writing--that is so cool. I hope you'll share more with us about how you found the RWNZ and what kinds of activities you've been doing with them!

I also wanted to tell you that I have been to Nelson--way back in the summer (NZ winter) of 2004! Nelson was my favorite place in all of NZ (I visited much of the North Island and only a bit of the South Island). I am a knitter and was also into sewing at that time, so the World of Wearable Art was the most fun for me. Nelson is just such a nice place! Say hello for me!

We've connected, so we can private message. Don't hesitate to send me a note if you need any help at all on the site!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Jump to different Forum...