RSS Feed Print
Location, Location, Location
Joseph M Kurtenbach
Posted: Thursday, January 2, 2014 2:17 AM

I'm working on getting used to the new format (okay, so I'm six months late to the party).  Started working on my first review since the changes, and notice the Percent Progress Bar is no longer there below the posted manuscript.  So, when I quote text in my review, does it create a link to the manuscript in my finished and posted review, so the author will be able to quickly find that spot in the work?  Or how should I be specifying the location?  Am I being a ditz and missing something?

Thanks for the guidance,

Joe

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:51 PM

Hi there, Joseph!

You're right, leaving feedback works a little differently now. The current "read and review" pane doesn't have a bookmark feature or a percentage progress bar. Don't worry about specifying the place in the text you're referring to. Once you "quote" the text, it would be super easy for the writer to find the quote--they can just click Control + F and plug in the quote. 

Here's a video that explains the writing of peer reviews--the visuals might help you get a better sense of the process. 

Let me know if you want me to clarify anything!

Best,

Nevena

Book Country coordinator

--edited by Nevena Georgieva on 1/2/2014, 3:51 PM--

Joseph M Kurtenbach
Posted: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:15 AM

Thanks, Nevena.  I did see your prompt reply; I'm just several days late in saying thanks!  I think you may have forgotten to include the link, but I think I found the video you were referring to.  I got my review posted a few days back and have a better feel for how they work and look now.  Perhaps the info on using Ctrl+F for this purpose is provided somewhere that I haven't seen, which makes me wonder if it would be useful to others to have that bit of guidance more prominent on the review pages.

Thank you again, and stay warm!

Joe

Jump to different Forum...