RSS Feed Print
Editing During NaNo
Lucy Silag
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:11 AM

So far I have managed to avoid the temptation to do much editing or rewriting, but I'm not sure how long I will be able to last.

Are you guys editing as you Nano?

Lucy

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

DCLabs
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:22 PM

Not really, avoiding it at all costs.  Once you've got some good wordcount done editing can balloon and really stifle your word count - or reduce it!  There will be a couple rounds of proofing/re-writing of the WIP once NaNo is done and the pressure is off.
Maggie Whiet
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:25 PM

Guilty of editing... Once my fingers hit a keyboard, it's automatic. I think it's my eyes telling my brain 'S%%% just got real; you better step it up and make it good'. The only way I can minimize editing is by writing with a pen in hand and spiral bound notebook in my lap.

Taking the night off,

Maggie

imawake
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2013 9:13 AM

I've been writing about a chapter a day, so the next day I go back and reread just the last chapter and fix typos. I really, really want to edit but I'm afraid of getting carried away and then messing up my word count. It's my habit to edit as I write, but for this month I'm dedicated to just writing and I will fix it when I can slow down and really look it over.
EarthAngel
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2013 2:43 PM

I'm also resisting the urge to re-write and re-write. Its getting better. Happy writing!
Atthys Gage
Posted: Saturday, November 9, 2013 5:50 PM

Can't help fixing things while I'm working (probably more than I should), but once I turn the page, it's gone until December.

Jump to different Forum...