RSS Feed Print
Hello from a brand-new member!
Olivia Kelly
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 1:22 PM

Hi everyone! I'm Olivia, and I just joined BC yesterday, so I'm still feeling my way around here. I write Regency romance, contemporary romance and YA fantasy/romance. While I am not traditionally published, I do have a few self-pubbed Regency romance novellas out right now. This past fall I won the Romance Writers of America's San Francisco Area chapter contest, called The Heart2Heart, for Historical Romance. While I do love historical and contemporary romance, I recently began a YA fantasy project that I have just fallen in love with. Right now, Goddess Rising is the only material I'll be putting up, and I would love some honest feedback on it! Thanks, everyone, and have a great week....

Brandi Larsen
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:57 PM

Hi Olivia! Welcome!

Congrats on your novellas and on your contest win! Very exciting.

One of the things that I love about Book Country is that it's a really supportive community. You'll find folks here who well-decorated veterans, bestselling authors, authors who signed with major houses and smaller houses, as well as self-published authors. (Book Country offers the option to publish your eBook.) It doesn't matter where you publish: we want you to help you meet your goals on how you define success.

I'm looking forward to reading Goddess Rising. Are you looking for anything specific in your critiques?

Please reach out if you need anything.

Best,
Brandi

Olivia Kelly
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 9:51 AM

Hi Brandi,
Thanks! I think what I'm looking for most is plot and voice. Is it compelling? Does it throw you out of the story anywhere? How's the pacing? That sort of thing.
Thanks!
Best, Olivia

Jennifer Alena
Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:26 PM

Olivia,Just read the few chapters you've posted of GODDESS RISING, and I loved it.  Can't wait until you post more.  I LOVE the voice.  Totally a teenage girl (in my 36-year-old mind!)  The Plot was wonderful.  I would stay up all night to finish reading this.  In fact, right now I'm itching to read more because I'm so CURIOUS about what happens next!  Very well set-up, in my opinion.  Loved your imagery.  Like music on paper.  Beautiful.  Please post more of this soon!  Looking forward to it. 

Jennifer

Olivia Kelly
Posted: Saturday, May 4, 2013 10:53 AM

Jennifer, thank you! I so appreciate the encouragement. I'm working, I promise, lol!

Jump to different Forum...