RSS Feed Print
A Re-introduction
Lisa Hoekstra
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 2:19 PM

Oh Book Country, how I've missed you... I was so excited to have time today to log in, that I wanted to shout it out loud! So here I am, re-introducing myself.... very loudly.

I've been a member for a year now - time does like to fly, doesn't it. But for the last two months I've been so overwhelmed with my job that everything else has fallen by the way-side. So, to all my BC friends and those I've made promises of reviews to - I'm truly sorry for not following through.

I'm here now though & hope to have more time in the coming weeks - so I should be in tip top reviewing shape!

Have a great weekend & happy writing,
Lisa 

Tom Wolosz
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:39 AM

Hello Lisa,
  Sorry I didn't notice this earlier, but like you I've had a really busy first half of the year.  I also see that you posted a new draft of silver Darkness a few months ago. I'll look at it ASAP, but right now i have a backlog (including working on a new darft of Agony of the Gods). 
  Still no joy on Last Shall Be First.  Currently be reviewed by an on-line SF magazine, so I have my fingers crossed.

I sending you a few thread recommendations that you might enjoy.

Best wishes, and glad you're back.

Tom
Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:00 PM

Welcome back, Lisa! And happy Book Country anniversary! =)

Lisa Hoekstra
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2012 1:59 PM

Thanks Tom & Colleen! 

Colleen - thanks for the anniversary wishes! In the last year, I've learned SO MUCH about genre writing. I've even applied it to my edits when I work with out aspiring authors. It is so rewarding to be able to read my own work and other's work and know how to make it shine (at least, in theory).   

Tom - keep persisting with Last Shall be First. It's such a great concept with very engaging characters. I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I think about the story sometimes! And it's been how long since I read it?

Have you posted the new draft of Agony of the Gods? I would love to add it to my shelf . Don't worry about reading Silver Darkness just yet. I have some big plans that have been percolating... requires quite a bit of reorganization to the current draft.

Anyway, thanks again both of you for your comments & thoughts! I'll be around.

Lisa
Tom Wolosz
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:47 AM

Hi Lisa,
    Thanks for the kind words regarding Last.  Still plugging away.  New drafts of "Agony" chapters will be posted by end of week, although they are mainly just writing clean up (BC friends have been a huge help with that!). I would definitely value your comments.  The book is very different from Last.  Will also look forward to your next draft of Silver Darkness.  Going out of town for a coupla weeks soon, so gotta get back to work.  Best wishes, have a great summer and keep writing! Tom

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:28 AM

Welcome back from me too!

Jump to different Forum...