RSS Feed Print
Fairly new member, shiny new introduction
Joseph M Kurtenbach
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:59 PM

Greetings, fellow Book Countryans.  I've actually been a member here for a month or two, but am just starting to explore the discussions and want to push myself to be a bit more active.

I'm most interested in Epic and Traditional Fantasy and have done a handful of reviews so far, as well as posted the prologue and first five chapters of my WIP, The Two Staves.

With the caveat that I'm a slow reader and honest critiquer, I'm happy to take requests for peer reviews of works in these sub-genres, and will try to be helpful as my time allows.  Please take note, though, that because I will try to be fairly comprehensive and provide more than just a few sentences of feedback in my critiques, I might not get very far into your work before I have a page or two worth of review and need to call it a day on that one.  Because of this, I'm less likely to get as far on first drafts.  Also, if you'd like me to take another look at something I've already reviewed I would be happy to, but I might not get very far if it is obvious you haven't taken the suggestions I initially offered.  Not that my suggestions are necessarily right for your work, but if you choose not to take them, then I may not be the best choice as a continuing beta reader for that particular story.

And finally, I'd like to invite you to read and critique my work if you like the fantasy genre.  I don't need nice, but I sure do appreciate honest.

Thanks for reading and thanks to Book Country for offering this platform!

Rachel Anne Marks
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 11:50 PM

Hey Joseph! Welcome! I'll try and get by to take a peek at your work. I'd love an honest review of mine, if you want.

Dennise Sleeper
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 10:20 AM
Welcome. I'll get to your book as soon as possible. I too am slow and time is not always on my side. See you later.

Joseph M Kurtenbach
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 10:31 AM

Thanks, Rachel!  Sorry I didn't catch your response sooner.  I'd be happy to give you a review.  I'll hope to provide something for you within the next few days.  Happy reading and writing!
Joseph M Kurtenbach
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 10:38 AM

Thank you, Dennise!  I'll appreciate any feedback, anytime.

Jump to different Forum...