RSS Feed Print
Got a new Thriller project to workshop on Book Country? Need readers? Share here!
Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 12:25 PM

Hi guys!

I notice that a lot of y'all are fairly new here (welcome!) and some of you are having an attack of shyness when it comes to asking for reads for your newly-posted manuscript. So to help alleviate that, I'm creating this thread.

Got a new project you want eyeballs on? Tell us about it here!

Good luck!

Colleen
Community Manager
Alverne Ball
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 12:41 PM

Blue Religion is the story of Chicago homicide detective Frank “Preacher” Calhoun and his partner Fred Lions must investigate the murder of a fallen officer who turns out to be the brother of one of the biggest drug dealers in the city. Calhoun and Lions must piece together a cryptic crime scene and apprehend a murderer before the city becomes a powder keg fused by a war between the Chicago police department and a powerful street gang.  

Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 1:09 PM

Thanks, Alverne! And welcome to Book Country!

Ella Black
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2012 8:27 PM

Ok, I've got one with only one review so far...

It's called For King or Country, and I've placed it in "historical thriller" as that seems to be the best category for my adventure.

It's about a young man who is impressed into the Royal Navy in 1700, and his subsequent adventures around the New World.

Please, be brutal to it-- especially for historical accuracy. I wrote the part posted quite a while ago, but I think it has some promise and want to see if it's worth putting some effort into again. 

Or, for something completely different, I also have a revision of a romantic comedy available, too, my more current WIP. But that's for another genre...

Marc Poliquin
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:00 AM

Hi, all:

I've posted the first six chapters of The Fate Merchant, my new novel that started out as a short story.  I've never workshopped a first draft before, but I thought I'd give it a try.  I announcing this here because there is a thriller element to it, but there is also a supernatural element to it as well, for lack of a better word.  I'm not quite sure how to classify this story, although thriller is the first thing that comes to mind. 

Hope you can take a look, and thanks for reading.

Marc

sricci
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2012 2:43 PM

Cool idea! I've got a draft of my novella (working title 2012) up on BC. Though I still have to do my three reviews...anyway, once it's up, would appreciate anyone reading it. I think it best falls under historical thriller, since half the story occurs in 900 A.D. in an ancient Maya civilization, but there's also a thriller element that takes place in present day. I've never written a thriller before, but it's been really fun writing so far.
Michael R Hagan
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:34 PM

C'mon the Thrillers!
Aren't there alot of fantasy projects up?
My provocative frightener, and labour of love, THE DESOLATE, is now up and ready for your unrestrained and much sought after opinions.
I have skin as thick as a jockey's arse, so give it to me straight, doc!
Mike

Tyler Durden
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 12:14 PM

Hi all!
I've just been introduced to this site and love what I have seen so far. I have uploaded the first chapter of my psychological thriller THE TRUNK SOCIETY in the hopes of recieving some insightful feedback.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to take a look at my work.
TPNiedermann
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 3:42 PM

I have just posted under Political Thrillers, a book of mine called Wall of Dust. It is in fact more of a literary effort with a spiritual content I like to think has some similarities to The Alchemist. It is about Aisha, a Palestinian school teacher whose class is killed by a misfired Israeli missile. She becomes deranged and start throwing stones at the Separation Barrier as a protest. The book covers the people who, for reasons of their own--losses in their own lives--choose to support her: an Israeli sniper, an Islamist terrorist, an Israeli grandmother, and others.
Jerrid Wolflick
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 12:52 PM

I just posted three Chapters of my supernatural thriller to the website.  It is called The Shepherd's Crook and I would very much appreciate some feedback.  The book is very dark and has been known to illicit nightmares in people who are not usually affected by books in this way.  It is the first of a group of books surrounding a single character.  I would very much appreciate the read and comments.
Toni Smalley
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 12:19 AM
There isn't a horror section, so I'm posting it here. If there is, I apologize, and please tell me, but I couldn't find one.

This is a short story of about 4,500 words. Big questions I have: Is it boring? Need more tension? Does it need to be scarier?

The title is "The Footprint" at the moment. 

"Another summer down on the farm becomes a nightmare, when a Bori demon is conjured to seek vengeance upon Brooklyn’s family."

Thanks!

Toni 

Daniel Roland Banks
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 2:55 PM

Please have a look at "The Clock Is Ticking" by Daniel Roland Banks. A complete manuscript is posted here. I'm in need of beta readers. I'm new here, so I don't know how to post the link.
Daniel Roland Banks
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 10:45 PM

I forgot to mention that this is a thriller set in Texas. Among other things, it involves a domestic ISIS inspired jihadist group planning an attack in Texas. The "other things" are as important as the impending threat. I wrote it in 2013. The characters are a bit different from the usual heroes, heroines, and villains of most modern contemporary crime/thriller fiction. I crave your comments.

Jump to different Forum...