RSS Feed Print
Condoms - Hot or not?
DianaRoseWilson
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 10:53 AM

Hello;

What are your thoughts regarding condom use (or not use) in erotica that is human + human, non-paranormal type sex? 

I'm finding writing in the condom part really not 'hot'.  Even some of the stories that have condom uses for reality sake feels not-sexy to me.  This could be because I've been married forever and haven't had to strap on the latex in a very long time but...it makes sense to put it in a story. 

I'm curious how other writers feel about it -- HOT or NOT?  

How do you work it in trying to make it smexy-smexy.  (Yes, that's smexy ya'all)

Thanks for any feedback you naughty naughty people!

RebekahSFiore
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2015 3:02 PM

That's an *ahem* hard one! While my stories, for now at least don't involve condom use (the main characters trust each other implicitly so none is needed), I guess it would add to the realism in some cases. It could also add to the heat if it were to be the partner to help the "wearer" put the condom on. Then it could develop into a whole scene in itself, the feelings, sensations etc. That would, for me, be a lot hotter than perhaps "He reached for the condom and put it on." As usual, the heat is in the detail happy

nate1952
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2015 3:13 PM
“Ahem”, indeed.

You have a certain responsibility to the public to remind people to use these things — especially if you’re getting into anal sex. So there’s that.

What other writers of erotica might find interesting is that I can’t actually bring myself to type the words “condom” or “rubber”.

Trying to think back, I have used “jacket”, or “sleeve”, or “latex”. In a pitch, I think I have also just used the pronoun “it”, as in the passage: “While he waited through the agonizing seconds, she was intrigued by his eager impatience as she rolled it on slowly, with delicate gestures, making sure it went all the way down....”

The application of the “accessory” can be pretty inspiring — depending on how the situation is described.

Libra.NaShay
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2016 11:50 AM

Well Of Course You Should Use Condoms !\\

It MAy Not Be Hot In The Story So You Can Leave It Out But Being Responsible And Safe When Having Any Type Of Sex Is Always The Way To Go!

- Libra NaShay

SusanKuchinskas
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2016 6:18 PM

"It" is a great way to, ahem, handle it.

Jump to different Forum...