RSS Feed Print
Hello All! Avid Fantasy Reader/Writer Here!
Sabrina Jade Howard
Posted: Saturday, April 5, 2014 1:13 AM

Hello world and all its inhabitants!

As you can probably guess, I am new to BookCountry. I am extremely excited to be a part of this wonderful site. It seems a grand idea, and so brilliantly organized.

A little about me: I am a young aspiring author from the Chicagoland area, and I have been writing for about . . . four and a half years (since I was twelve). I have NEVER finished a manuscript, but I am determined to finish my current one. *crosses fingers*

My current project is a fantasy novel called 'Dance of Shame' about a young boy who was born out of wedlock and is forced to join the military. But the real story is about him finding out about his past . . .

I read all the time, and I mean ALL THE TIME, so if you've got a good book just itching for a reader, let me know My favorite genres are fantasy (specifically high/epic, traditional, and historic) and historical fiction, but I'll read all kinds of genres if there's a particularly good story to be told.

Hmm . . . That's about it for now.

Toodles, folks ;D

Jonathan L
Posted: Sunday, April 6, 2014 12:09 AM

Sabrina hey! I'm new here as well. I will read and review your book. I really hope you finish it. I've been writing since I was young as well, and I've learned that the best thing you can do is keep writing. Never stop until it's done, and then edit and write more! I think this BookCountry community will be good for all of us to share and encourage each other. I have posted a book, The Howling of Ghosts. It's not fantasy, I don't know which genre it is yet, but if you want I'd love an honest opinion.

Jonathan L

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Monday, April 7, 2014 12:41 PM

Hi Sabrina and Jonathan! Nice to meet you both here on Book Country--and glad to see you getting the swing of things so quickly--nice work!

Please let me know if you have any questions or need help navigating the site.

You both also might check out BC member LilySea: a fantasy writer and reader also from Chicago, like Sabrina!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Jump to different Forum...