RSS Feed Print
Hello from Kookie-Kanada-Kate
Canada Kate
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:25 PM

I am a retired teacher, world traveller and manque writer.

I write a lot, but have only had poems published. I also read a lot.

I am travelling again next month and will be reading a lot on my Kobo reader.

I am currently reading Lawrence in Arabia by Scott Anderson (Christmas gift) Very interesting history of the middle east situation and explains a lot

oabout the current situation.   I have just finished Rebecca Lee's 'Bobcat and other stories' for my book club. Good writer, but the stories are mainly about college

life.

Why doesn't this message board scroll correctly? Why isn't it set to stay in screen. The line goes on and on. Somebody needs to fix it!

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 5:22 PM

Hi Kate! Glad to see you on the discussion boards.

Tell us more about your travels--that's definitely my passion, too. I want to know more about what you're planning--and will you write about it?

I had to look up what "manque" means. Interesting word/concept. 

Exciting to get to know you on Book Country. Please let me know if you need anything!

Lucy

Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 5:24 PM

Also: I want to know more about this bug you are having with the message board. What kind of computer and browser are you using?
DCLabs
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 10:16 PM

Welcome to Book Country fellow Canuck!  Glad to have you here and look forward to reading some of your works.  I can already tell by your post you have a great writing voice.
Posted: Thursday, April 3, 2014 10:57 AM

Our blog guest today is also from Canada! Do you guys know Nick Bantock? He wrote the Griffin and Sabine books and his new book is all about jump-starting creativity. It feels like the perfect time of year to try some new things as a writer . . .
Sabrina Jade Howard
Posted: Saturday, April 5, 2014 1:02 AM

Welcome, Kate!

I'm new here too. I also had to look up the word "manque," and then it made me sad Nobody's a failed writer . . . not until they're dead, anyway.

I'm planning on going to college for linguistics, so that I too can travel the world. Good luck

Jonathan L
Posted: Sunday, April 6, 2014 6:13 PM

Welcome! I am new as well. I am excited about this site and believe we can all benefit from peer reviews and honesty. I will read your stuff!

Jump to different Forum...