RSS Feed Print
Hey fellow writers & readers!
Jennifer Alena
Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:30 PM

Just joined and uploaded my two projects.  Have been tinkering around the website and reviewed some great stuff.  Like many of you, I am looking for some constructive feedback on what I've written (the kind of stuff friends and family are too nice to say!).  Anything you can offer in the way of review will be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!  Jennifer

Brandi Larsen
Posted: Friday, May 3, 2013 11:29 AM

Welcome to Book Country!

I hope you find that we're a supportive community of writers who are looking to connect and workshop.

Nevena Georgieva, Book Country's assistant, wrote a great newcomer's guide: http://bit.ly/bc_new.

You may like the fantasy and https://www.bookcountry.com/community/topic.aspx?id=1 romance forums: https://www.bookcountry.com/community/topic.aspx?id=3.

If you need anything, please reach out to me. You can find me here, on Twitter as brandilarsen or via email at brandi at bookcountry dot com.

Best,
Brandi
Book Country Director

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Friday, May 3, 2013 12:29 PM

Hello, Jennifer! And welcome! 

Nevena
Jennifer Alena
Posted: Saturday, May 4, 2013 6:15 PM

Thanks Nevena!  (BTW, what a BEAUTIFUL name!  Growing up w/ a common name like mine, I am always intrigued by unique names!) 

Jennifer

Jennifer Alena
Posted: Saturday, May 4, 2013 6:16 PM

Thank you Brandi!  I appreciate the support.

Jennifer

Ana Bastow
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 8:30 PM

Hi Jennifer!
Sorry it took me so long to answer. I need to set my blog to tell me when I have new comments.
Orion is actually a strong 8 months old. Thank you for your kind wishes and many blessings to your big family. I wish I could have had that many kids but I started old so I will be doing with 2. Oh well better than none.
Anyhow  I would love to help you with your reviews but I'm currently working in my trilogy and I plan to release the first book this summer. A fellow writer told me that is dangerous to review peers because they might think you stole some ideas for a character or plot and that can get ugly really soon.
I would gladly do a review for your book once publish it, if you sent me a link though.
I will be available when I'm done with my trilogy, sadly in a few years from now.
Thank you for your comment and much luck in your projects.
Cheers!
Ana

Brandi Larsen
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 11:25 PM

Dear Ana,

If you don't mind, I think your writing friend gave you
misleading advice. Leading a writing and publishing community may have
changed my viewpoint on this, but I strongly believe that we're at our
best when we're helping each other.

Many writers on Book Country feel that reading and writing reviews for others helps to improve their own work. I think the accusations of theft are much, much rarer than folks believe.

I hope you get more involved on Book Country and that we can show you the benefit of working with a group. Please let me know if I can help.

Best,
Brandi

Jump to different Forum...