RSS Feed Print
Review troubles
lilmerlin
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2015 4:36 AM

Abandoned Authonomite in need of help

Trying to review a book of a fellow stranded and dutifully watched the instruction video.

Alas: In my review window to the right I can't find the option to write - as told - in separate sections for POV, character development etc. I only have one split window (overall?) and if I write in there I can't post as I get an error (something's missing or so) I also can't award points or "feathers" - it's greyed out?

Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2015 5:00 AM

Hi, lilmerlin

This sounds strange. Are you making sure that you write the base amount of words needed to post a review? I'm thinking it needs to be at least 400 letter characters, or something like that.

If, in the review box, you don't see the Plot/POV/Character Development boxes, then that likely means the author didn't include those windows for consideration.

If the problem persists, contact Lucy Silag. This could be a bug.

Also, you have to write out those 400 letter characters before you can assign a nib rating. Make sure you have the review written before clicking on the nibs.

Hope this helps.

Amber

lilmerlin
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2015 5:13 AM

Amber J. Wolfe wrote:

Hi, lilmerlin

This sounds strange. Are you making sure that you write the base amount of words needed to post a review? I'm thinking it needs to be at least 400 letter characters, or something like that.

If, in the review box, you don't see the Plot/POV/Character Development boxes, then that likely means the author didn't include those windows for consideration.

If the problem persists, contact Lucy Silag. This could be a bug.

Also, you have to write out those 400 letter characters before you can assign a nib rating. Make sure you have the review written before clicking on the nibs.

Hope this helps.

Amber

Ok, didn't know the author is putting those up.

Alas my review is 1162 words - that should be enough - and I can still neither post nor assign "feathers" lol

Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2015 5:35 AM

Hmm . . . that definitely sounds like a bug.

I'd contact Lucy. She's the Director of the site.

Here's the email to send your problems to: support@bookcountry.com

Another question: What internet browser are you using? This may effect what's happening. If I'm remembering, Book Country works best on Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.

--edited by Amber J. Wolfe on 8/27/2015, 5:36 AM--

lilmerlin
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2015 5:51 AM

Thank you Amber!

I just went back - and voila it WAS posted - not the way I wanted it, it now only has four feathers instead of five, but it's there for some reason. Very strange.But there at least. A start.

Think it has something to do with the copy and paste function here and that you can't do it directly but have to use ctrl & v (I write my reviews in word)

Now lets see if I can upload HA.

I found more glitches on the page though - there are the updated discussions and all discussions -

if you start from the main page you get discussion overview starting with stage.bookcountry.com... and that one has only old threads. If you know where to go and start with www.bookcountry... you get new messages

Took me a while to find my own post again that way lol

Maybe I should get into mysteries.

Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:52 PM

Hi @lilmerlin--the bug you mention directly above sounds like something I definitely want to check out, but I am having a hard time finding where you mean. Which "main page"? Will you email it to me at support@BookCountry.com?
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:52 PM

Also, what browser are you using to write your review?

Jump to different Forum...