RSS Feed Print
Best Methods for Workshopping
DianaRoseWilson
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 7:46 PM

Hello there;

I'm curious what methods others have used for workshopping their work.  Do you put the work up by chapter and work each chapter or do you put the whole work up and wait for full read-through before doing your rewrites?  

After revisions are done, do readers here feel up for re-reading through a followup work? Have you found readers responsive to combing through a follow-up draft?

Thank you!

-DRW-

Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 8:00 PM

For me, I've found it more helpful to upload as I write the manuscript. Meaning, I finished a couple chapters, uploaded them, wrote some more, then uploaded those, too, and edited while I went, based on my peer reviews. Only a select few on Book Country have made it past the first 10 chapters of Destiny's Bond. But the upside to this method is that your manuscript is less likely to be buried by other new manuscripts being uploaded to the site daily/weekly. Yours will stay up at the top with theirs, so it's more likely to be clicked on by reviewers.

As for the re-reviewing of new drafts, I know of some members who are willing to do this--myself included. All you need to do is connect with your reviewers and message them about it. You'd be surprised by the answers they give.

You could always join the Book Country Buddy Program. It pairs Book Country members with like-minded writers to review each other's manuscripts (click on the link to learn more).

Hope that helps.

Amber

RCGravelle
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 4:39 PM

I'm agreeable to re-reading a work I've reviewed if the person does me the courtesy of reviewing mine--FAIRLY. I did that with one of my connections on Book Country, and he re-read my story, and we both gave each other wonderful feedback--gently "advising," and positive.
DianaRoseWilson
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2015 4:17 AM

Thank you for the information.  Thinking about trying it out.

Jump to different Forum...