RSS Feed Print
New Landmark Titles in Erotica
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 3:51 PM

We added a few new titles to the Landmark Titles on the Book Country Erotica genre page. Have you read any of these?

**Curious about what the term "Landmark Title" means? Check out this blog post.**

Leslie J Portu
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2015 7:39 PM

Megan Hart is one of my favorite authors in this genre. She is a talented writer skilled at weaving a story that includes the erotic as well as the mundane, therefore creating a more realistic feel. I highly recommend her books. Dirty is my all-time favorite, but Tempted and Broken are excellent as well. 

Leslie J Portu

Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 10:26 AM

Hi Leslie--I'm curious to read DIRTY now that you've recommended it. My BC colleagues recommended it to me as well, since it's such an important book in this genre. I noticed that there seems to be a love story in it. What makes the book Erotica rather than Erotic Romance, do you think?
Leslie J Portu
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 3:50 PM

Hi Lucy,

I'm not certain what the official difference is. I would say that Erotica can contain romance but this is not the essential goal. I tend to define Erotica as a sexual journey, with or without romance. My goal as a writer is to create well-written erotica, which, to be honest, is surprisingly hard to find. Why not put a little effort and imagination into the storyline, the characters, the dialogue, etc.? Just because a book contains explicit scenes doesn't mean it can't be a good story as well.

I think that Dirty might classify as Erotic Romance, as the protagonist is working through her issues with love and commitment. The other two Megan Hart books I mentioned have an element of romance as well, but less so. 

I'm looking forward to studying some of the other landmark titles listed.

Leslie J Portu

DianaRoseWilson
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 8:32 PM

Apparently I love my Erotica  I love the Beauty books and Story of O and Justine are pure classics.   Really enjoy the fact this site has a listing of these Landmark Titles.

Jump to different Forum...