RSS Feed Print
Just a suggestion
Jonathan L
Posted: Monday, April 7, 2014 11:24 PM

I am an Apple user. Book Country hates my iOS devices. I can't review books very well and this Discussion board is impossible on my devices. The site works on my MacBook but it bugs out sometimes. I noticed that the site recommends Firefox or Chrome. I use Safari, so that might be the problem. Anyway back to the iOS devices. Has Book Country thought about making an app? It could be cross platform (for Kindle, Android and Apple), and it could be free! It'd be fun to be able to use this thread while out and about. To review a book while I'm between classes without using my laptop.

Anyway, just a suggestion... APPS! I hear they are kind of a big deal.

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:52 PM

Hi Jonathan--don't worry--it's not just YOUR iOS devices--Book Country actually hasn't been optimized for any mobile devices yet for the functions you describe (reviewing and discussions). You can see on your iPad that the manuscript reader and the genre pages format pretty well in mobile, but other areas of the site get a little confused by mobile use. 

Mobile optimization and an app are definitely on our road map for development. I will keep you posted when I have news about those!

One word of advice for users of Safari on any platform--members who try to use Book Country on Safari consistently report bugs. We don't guarantee the Book Country experience in Safari, so please definitely use Firefox (first choice) or Chrome.

Thank you!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

DCLabs
Posted: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 4:56 PM

Hi Jonathan,

Try giving Opera Mini a try on your iOS devices.  It's based on the Mozilla browsing system so you might have better luck using the site from your handheld devices until a mobile optimized version goes live.

Jonathan L
Posted: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:23 PM

Thanks DCLabs I'll give that a try. And thanks Lucy. At least my feedback isn't negative. I just want to be able to use it better on my devices!
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 10:07 AM

I know--I do, too!
Cas Meadowfield
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2015 10:04 AM

I use a Kindle Fire HD and would love to do reviews, but can't post in the review box. 

Any news on that mobile app?

Thanks for listening

Cas

Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2015 10:08 AM

Hi Cas--no news on the app yet. I agree that it would be lovely to read BC manuscripts on my Kindle!

We did put up a new blog post yesterday about other developments coming soon . . .

Cas Meadowfield
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2015 10:24 AM

Thanks, Lucy
Yes, I saw the blog. I'm very excited about the improvements

Jump to different Forum...