RSS Feed Print
Hi everyone!
Margaret Melchior
Posted: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:33 AM

I'll just leave virtual cupcakes on the table and hope that serves as a good 'Hello!!' to everyone here!

My name's Margaret Melchior, call me Mags though. I am 26, born and raised in Germany, worked in the Netherlands, Denmark, and lately England (I obviously like traveling) and have been writing basically ever since I was a teenager. When I am not writing, I am an epidemiologist, now PhD-student, so a lot of my everyday readings are scientific literature, which can be quite technical and... well, frankly, quite dull (no offense). Therefore, fantasy and science fiction have always been my preferred genres - I need fantastic things and magic to keep the balance. 

I write fantasy myself and have several different universes in my head that want to get out.

My currently biggest project is 'The Forgotten Dragonriders' - a High Fantasy novel with elements of steampunk, a hint of science fiction, a dash of romance, and a note of 'coming-of-age' for the main characters. It follows a group of four friends in a small town plagued by Dragons, who struggle with pleasing their families, fulfilling the expectations people have of them, and following their own wishes and dreams - and a very special kind of Dragon that crashes outside their town and turns the world upside down. And as the title suggests, Dragonriders might be involved as well... It's probably something for young adults (I started working on it when I was a young adult, so...).

I am writing up the last chapters right now and getting to editing, and I am looking for beta-readers! It's one thing to have family and friends read it and like it, and a different thing entirely to muster the courage to actually let strangers take a look at it.

So yeah, that's me in a nutshell, I think.

I am looking forward to this community and am excited to meet fellow writers!

--edited by Mags Melchior on 1/7/2014, 10:20 AM--

Lucy Silag
Posted: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:09 AM

Hi Mags!

Nice to meet you, and thanks for the virtual cupcakes and the well-written intro to yourself. Excited to have you here!

I'll send you a connection request so that we can be in touch on the site, and if you need anything, just send me a private message or an email at lucy at bookcountry dot com. I will also send you some links to help you get started.

Bis bald!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Jump to different Forum...