RSS Feed Print
Share your Kickstarter project here.
Brandi Larsen
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:22 PM

Book Country is working with Kickstarter! We're creating a curated page featuring Book Country members who are running Kickstarter projects.

Share a link to your Kickstarter project here. Tell us about what you're doing and why so that other Book Country members can add their support.

Boro Dishon
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 3:11 PM

kickstar  projects  are  limited  to  certain  countries  and  i  happen  to  fall  in  the  category  of  persons  who  should  not  submit  because  of  my  country  is  not  in  their  list. That  is   according  to  their  guidelines, would  my  project  be  viable  if  i  submit  through  book country?
Brandi Larsen
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 11:46 PM

Hi, Boro.

You're correct -- right now, Kickstarter projects are limited to people in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Currently, we're only considering projects with a link on Kickstarter's site. If you can't create a project on Kickstarter, then we can't showcase it as a part of this project. (There are other ways to get funding, and market and promote your book. I recommend asking fellow Book Country members about their techniques in this forum.)

Best,

Brandi

PS: I've asked when Kickstarter expand to other countries. I'll let you know as I know more.

Brandi Larsen
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:23 PM

The Kickstarter page of projects by Book Country members is now live: www.kickstarter.com/bookcountry.

We loved the emails that we got. There are some exciting projects cooking!

Here are the ones we chose:

Cynthia Neale is raising funds to publish and market her book, PAVLOVA IN A HAT BOX, MEMORIES AND SWEET RECIPES. (It looks delicious!)

Mell McKenzie (MckMell)'s Kickstarter project will help her raise funds for editing and marketing her fantasy, THE CIVILIZATION OF LIGHT AND DARK.

Alicia Grant (AGrant) is a new member who's looking for support for her children's book.

Please support your fellow Book Country members and give if you can. We want to continue to feature new projects -- please let us know if you have a Kickstarter project in the works!

--edited by Brandi Larsen on 11/13/2013, 5:23 PM--

Mimi Speike
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:41 PM

I don't have a project, yet. But I will self-pub book one of my projected four part series. If it does anything, I will entertain the idea of Kickstarter for the rest of the series. Two books are about half written, one is only notes. Then, I can quit my job and try to get the series done before I drop dead. (I'm sixty-seven, the hourglass of time is running down.)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If book one goes nowhere, I'll still finish it. I have to finish telling the story to myself. Maybe I'll only get to book two, in which Sly interacts with John Dee, the Royal Astrologer to Elizabeth. (And an undercover operative in Walsingham's spy network. This idea is floating around on the web, in dissertations, looks like. Good enough for me.) Or to book three, in which a frog discovers that he's not a prince at all, only a horribly misled (by his fanciful mother) amphibian. Hopefully I'll get to book four, in which we pick up on Pedro's story. He's about to be dumped from the narrative, the supremely talented Sly having been kidnapped away from him by a jealous bear-handler in a circus.

This is the quintessential never-ending tale.

--edited by Mimi Speike on 3/18/2014, 6:31 PM--

Jamie Wyman
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 1:28 PM

Hello, all! I'm thrilled to say that Friday, March 28, I launched the Kickstarter to fund my second novel, UNVEILED

UNVEILED is a sequel to my debut WILD CARD (Entangled Edge 2013). While WILD CARD has been enjoying rave reviews from readers, book bloggers and other authors, the publisher has decided not to pursue further books in the series. However, there are readers that tell me this is not an option. (Not to mention the fact that I feel these stories MUST be told.) And so, I'm crowdsourcing the funds to do an amazing, store-quality self-pub of UNVEILED. 

So far the Kickstarter is off to an astounding start, raising 42% of the requisite funds in the first 3 days! 

Please check out the page. After you've learned more about UNVEILED, consider becoming a backer, and help me spread the news about this spectacular project. 

PS: When we hit 50% I will eat fire.

Thank you, 

Jamie Wyman

hard link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1047644569/unveiled-a-sequel-to-the-urban-fantasy-novel-wild

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 2:00 PM

@Jamie--your campaign is really terrific! I love the video updates you are doing for it, too.

Jamie's now on our Book Country curated page. If anyone else has a new Kickstarter that they are working on, be sure and let me know so I can add it to the Book Country page as well!

Lucy

Jump to different Forum...