RSS Feed Print
FLASH FICTION- do or dont?
Stevie McCoy
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:35 PM

As you all well know, time is referenced alot as the major factor of writing challeges. When do you find time to write comes up alot but how much time does it take to write a flash fiction?

Have you written flash fiction?

Flash fiction can be a great way to exercise your writing but also to generate ideas that can be expounded into a novel length story.

Take a chance with Flash Fiction and join a 7 days, 7 stories, starting 7/7 focused around the 7 deadly sins.

Deadly Seven Challenge

Check it out, and let me know what your thoughts are about flash fiction and whether you do or dont?

Robert C Roman
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 12:01 PM

I've had serious problems writing flash fiction - I tend to use characters or situations that invert or subvert tropes, which requires the time to set up the trope, then to make the inversion or subversion clear.

Of course, now I"m really sorry I missed the the challenge. Maybe I'll just run myself through it on the 8th of August.
Stevie McCoy
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 2:37 PM

Aww well no worries on missing the 7sins challenge on 8-7 there is the 7 virtue challenge from the same site, hope you join

it is my first shot at flash fiction myself, I find it a challenge to fit a story/ premise into 100 words or even 1000 words or less.
J Boone Dryden
Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2011 4:01 PM

I love flash fiction. 3 of my 4 published short stories have been flash pieces. I think it's a great way to meld my love of language (and poetry) with my love of short fiction.

I will look into this challenge. Seems fun.
Stevie McCoy
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:08 PM

The #7sins and #7virtues challenges are now over but that doesnt mean you can't make your own and participate. Also I have a #tuesdaytales challenge every week for Flash fiction contest of 100 word stories based on a photo and a secret word chosen by the judge of the week, Be sure to drop by, http://glitterword.wordpress.com

Jump to different Forum...