RSS Feed Print
Romance from the male POV
Alexander Hollins
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 1:40 PM

So, I came back to BC MOSTLY to continue a conversation on romance for men/ from male perspectives, and find the thread derailed and locked. Oh My!

So I'll start a new one. I've been really getting the bug to write a romance novel. I used to be a big romance reader when I was a teenager. But not much of what appealed to me then appeals to me now. 

So, any guys reading this, what are real big turn offs for you in romance novels?

And ladies reading, would you be interested in a romance from the male pov?

Rachel Anne Marks
Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 7:36 PM

I would. I usually find the male pov more interesting in a romance. I think it would be fun and interesting to see a whole ms like that.

Alexander Hollins
Posted: Thursday, February 2, 2012 11:13 AM

rachel, I'm plotting it out today! 

Daniel Q Steele
Posted: Sunday, May 6, 2012 11:36 PM

Alexander and Rachel: I've popped in on a couple of threads and started one myself - what makes a romance - with thoughts along these lines. I've written a novel - two actually- that i've characterized on barnes and noble and smashwords as adult romances, although I'm not sure of the appropriateness. i have the first chapter of "when we were married - the long fall" posted on this site under daniel quentin steele. If you think of it as a romance, it's definitely from the male point of view. i'd be curious to get your reaction if you'd care to check it out.

Nicki Hill
Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 8:43 PM

I think a true romance from the MMC's perspective would be intriguing (then again, ALL of my romance MCs are male!).  I'd definitely be willing to give it a try.  I think it would be interesting to see how well it fits into the general form of the romance genre - I certainly think it could be done!  I'm imagining something contemporary, for sure.

Sinnie Ellis
Posted: Friday, June 8, 2012 12:32 AM

One of my personalities is a guy so here goes.
Turn offs:
Sappy lines about doe-eyed girls looking up at me. Ick.
Things girls in reality wouldn't do.
Sappiness of any kind, I would totally dump a girl on the spot.
Repetitive moves.
Saying I love you too soon. Run for the hills boys!

Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 10:15 PM

Bumping this up!

Alexander Hollins
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2012 4:34 PM

Sinnie, I've always been the first one to say I love you in a relationship, so that one rings hollow for me, lol. But  then, I am a sappy kinda guy. 

repetitive moves?

Jump to different Forum...