RSS Feed Print
How To Get Book Reviews & Feedback
Anthony Donnelly
Posted: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 1:01 PM

Hi folks!

I am trying to gain a balance between writing new works and giving back to this community. A challenge I'm sure most of us feel with all the daily demands on our lives!

Being rather new to the site, I'm looking for some suggestions or experiences you have had getting peer feedback on new/ upcoming works you plan to publish. I currently have a new work, "The Shepherd" - the first work I've tried to put up for feedback.

If you'd like one of your works reviewed, please drop me a line...

Many thanks in advance!

Anthony Donnelly

Janet Umenta, Book Country Assistant
Posted: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 1:32 PM

Hi Anthony,

Glad to see you on Book Country! 

Janet

RobinCandelario
Posted: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 2:17 PM

I'd love your feedback on Mis-Viewed at St. Davinia's! It is a story with a dystopian story inside it written by the victim to help her healing process. While working them separately I got much criticism upon the time traveling sci fi one; but my intent was for it to be more of a report. They are in a society without music. The main story has the woman write the other and she decides... well, I'll let you see what she decided to do.
CarolBMT
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 11:57 AM

Hi, Anthony,

I'm very new to BC. I posted one review and put my book up. It's in the drafting stage, unfinished, but I'd appreciate a review if you have time. I'm not sure how one does get reviews here.

Thanks,

Carol Buchanan

LeeAnna Holt
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:40 AM

You get reviews by reviewing other people's work. It's appropriate practice to try and return reviews of those who have taken the time to read and critique your work. I also suggest putting links to your work in your posts to make it easier to find it. I am the kind of person who is much more likely to take a look at your work if I can just click on it from you post. Take my book, Hands of Ash. See the pretty link. Doesn't that make things easier? I suggest you try it and see if it helps.
CarolBMT
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:02 PM

Thank you, LeAnna,

I'll add the URL for my book if I can find a) where the book is posted and b) what the URL is. I click on the title on my dashboard, but the text option doesn't show me the book's location or its identifier.

The BC website continues to baffle me, but at least this time I got the file uploaded.

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:14 PM

Hi Carol,

Here's a link to your book THE GHOST AT BEAVERHEAD ROCK.

To link to your book on the discussion board, open a new browser window and navigate to your book on Book Country. Copy the web address of your book (the text at in the address bar of your internet browser) and then switch back over to the discussion board. Create your post and enter in the text. Then select the text that you would like to link (such as the title of the book), and click the little button that looks like a globe with a chain link in front of it. A dialogue box will come up asking you what link you would like to link to. This is where you paste the link, then click ok, and post as normal.

It's easier for me to show you with screenshots via email if you like. Just send me an email at support@bookcountry.com.

Lucy

Anthony Donnelly
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2014 1:33 AM

Thanks Lucy (and other BC friends) here's the link to my review page: http://www.bookcountry.com/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=6869

I'll make an effort to get to your review works as soon as I can. I'm in the UK again now for a bit, so time is rather spare due to catching up with relatives, etc. I'll do my best!

Anthony

Edward Dean
Posted: Friday, August 1, 2014 9:25 PM

I'll be happy to critique/review anyone's work who reviews mine. I've been attending a local writers group for almost a year and I give excellent, honest, and helpful feedback. Thanks!

Out Of Darkness

Posted: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:58 AM

Hi Edward! Glad to see you posting about your book. I checked out the link and the cover is fabulous!

Let me know if you need any help on Book Country!

Lucy

Voran
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 5:15 PM

Edward, I'm following your book and I'll have a review for you something shortly (if life doesn't get too much in the way). Would love to hear your thoughts on my own recent WIP, Song of Gamayun. Thanks!
Edward Dean
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 9:07 PM

Hi Voran, I'll take a look at your as well! Thanks.
LovelyChris71
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:21 PM

Hi If anyone would like to be my feedback buddy and give  me your honest review on my my work, The Wind in The Trees I will do the same for you happy

Jay Greenstein
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2014 1:38 AM
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager wrote:

Hi Carol,

To link to your book on the discussion board, open a new browser window and navigate to your book on Book Country...

Except that it still doesn't work, at least for Firefox and a Mac.

Yellowcake
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2014 5:58 AM

Hey guys, here is the link: http://www.bookcountry.com/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=7127
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 9:49 AM

Hi Jay, I'm able to link on the discussion boards using Firefox on my Mac. If you have a screenshot that you want to send me so we can investigate your issue, please send it to support@bookcountry.com.

Thanks!

Lucy

Robert G. Moons
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 7:01 PM

I'm running Firefox on a Mac and have no issues either.
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 2:11 PM

Hi @LovelyChris71--Glad to see you settling into Book Country! Please keep in touch and let me know if we can help with anything!

Lucy

Lucy Basey
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 3:57 AM

http://www.bookcountry.com/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=7931

Hi all, I'm new to BC. I can get this far but I'm not clear as to how to get the link to appear as the title of my work rather than web address. Any help?

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 5:19 PM

Hi, Lucy

To link the name of your novel instead of just the link itself, do this:

At the top of the comment box, there's all these little icons, right? Hover your arrow over the icon that looks like the earth with a paper clip, next to the redo and undo buttons. Click on it and it'll bring up Link Manager. There, paste your link in the link box, scroll down a bit and it'll say something like 'Link Text', where you type in the text you want the link attached to. Type in the text, then click 'post'--I think that's what it says.

Be sure to check the link, to make sure it works. Also, there might be an instant where the http/ has been doubled. So it would read http/http/. Delete the extra http/ so the link is right.

If I've confused you further, sorry about that. If I've helped, yay!

Amber

Lucy Basey
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 5:05 PM

Thank you, Amber, I will give it a try!
Lachesha W.B.
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2015 1:15 PM

I'll have a look.

Andy Getch
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:40 PM

I am new to Book Country and online book groups. However the sentiment expressed earlier to participate in discussions, review others to get reviews, and return reviews received from others also holds true in online art, songwriting and music groups and forums.
Daniel Roland Banks
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 9:38 PM

We're trying to figure out how to post the links to our books. I've reviewed two books prior to posting my western/historical fiction book entitled, Riding For The Brand. It's complete, but I need beta readers to give me some input before it goes to publication. Any and all comments are welcome and desired.

You can  find it here: Riding For The Brand

Hot diggity, it worked!

Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2015 10:41 AM

@Daniel--posting something about yourself and your work here will likely get more views than this one. Just an idea!

Jump to different Forum...