RSS Feed Print
Overwhelmed but excited to meet you all
NAComstock
Posted: Friday, January 3, 2014 3:10 PM

Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself here. I just started working on the second draft of my fantasy novel, currently tentatively titled Worldspider though whether that will remain the title is up for debate. I don't know if I'll be posting that draft here as its extremely rough, but until I finish the next one I'll be around, hopefully commenting and asking questions, especially on fantasy and sci-fi novels.

Another thing I'm not certain about is whether I'm writing Traditional Fantasy or Young Adult Fantasy. So I may be hanging around the forums for both those genres until that becomes clear.

Ok, now I'm going to stop procrastinating and go back to actually working on my novel.

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Friday, January 3, 2014 5:08 PM

Hey there!

My name is Nevena and I am the Book Country coordinator - nice to meetcha!

We're spending a couple of weeks talking about epic fantasy on the blog, so keep your ear to the ground; I think you'll like the interviews/guest posts we have planned. 

When you're deciding between YA Fantasy and Trad Fantasy, I'd say you should consider two main things: the age of the protagonist and the age of the intended audience. It's okay to have teenage protagonists in adult fantasy sometimes. In Prince of Thorns, the main character is 13 (I think), but then he ages during the three installments of the series. And the bloodshed and profanity present in the books are clear indicators that it is, despite its teenage protagonist, for the adult market. Hope this helps your decision-making! =)

And here is a section of the blog devoted to "How-to" content about Book Country; it's a perfect place to start if you're a new member.

Cheers,

Nevena

--edited by Nevena Georgieva on 1/3/2014, 5:09 PM--

Lucy Silag
Posted: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 2:10 PM

Hi NA! Just wanted to echo Nevena's welcome and also let you know I just sent you a connection request. We hope you upload your book soon.

I saw on your profile that you've done NaNoWriMo--that's awesome! Did you do Nano 2013? Is that how you found us?

If you upload your project, be sure and let us know on this discussion thread, so that we can add it to a carousel of Nano writers we are creating for the books page. It's a great way for other members to find your work, read it, and give you feedback as you revise and take the next steps with it!

Lucy

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Jump to different Forum...