RSS Feed Print
Looking for Useful Crit Partners and Community
Jennifer Baylor
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 10:27 AM

Hi Everyone,

I signed up a little while ago, but am just diving into the site today, even completed my first review. It was a good experience - the story was great, which gets me excited to review more.

I'm still getting a feel for this site, but hope it will be a mutually beneficial, supportive and productive community for me.

I returned to writing a couple of years ago and have mostly written short stories. However, I do have two awful, dreadful and frightful first drafts of two novels. I'm really struggling with the novel length, and everything seems to fall apart on me in the novel. So, that's where I'm hoping writing reviews and being reviewed here will help.

Cheers!
Jennifer

Brandi Larsen
Posted: Monday, June 3, 2013 3:48 PM

Dear Jennifer,

Welcome to Book Country!

The majority of writers on the site find that reading the work posted by others is incredibly beneficial to their own writing.

Of course, we believe in the value of the writing and publishing with a community. Not only do you learn from each other, but it's also a place to connect with other people who care about your work and who want you to succeed.

Please let me know if you need anything. I'm happy to help. I can be found here, on Twitter as @brandilarsen, and via email as brandi at bookcountry dot com.

Best,
Brandi
Book Country Director

Serena Louise
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:01 PM

Hello!
I'm new here too and I've just uploaded my my book in the hope of getting some much needed reviews. 
I noticed you haven't yet made your book open to the community! I was going to take a look, but I'm sure your are almost done with the rest of the reviews you need to do before we can see it. 
Don't worry about your novel too much. We all have those days! I'm interested to know what it's about since you mention you are having difficulty with the length of it. Do you mean it's too short or too long? 
Let me know when you make it visible, I'm curious. You can tweet me @Author_Madeline if you'd like!

Serena xx

Jump to different Forum...