RSS Feed Print
posting entire books
JFSurvivor
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2015 9:40 PM

Is it a good idea to post an entire book from beginning to end for review or no?
Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2015 9:51 PM

Hi again, JF

I've found that, unless you have people who express an interest in reading the entire manuscript, it's better to upload, at a maximum, 25,000 words. It seems very rare for a reviewer to go over that amount, unless they're interested enough.

My full manuscript is up right now because a few Book Country members expressed interest in reading the entire manuscript. Once they've finished their reviews, I'll be taking down a fair amount of the story. I might leave up 5 chapters, at the most, until someone else says they'd be interested in the entire manuscript.

Most members don't read the entirety of a full manuscript, I've found. I've gotten a ton of reviews on my first few chapters, and maybe a handful for the first half of the manuscript.

Hope that helps.

Amber

JFSurvivor
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2015 10:24 PM

Amber J. Wolfe wrote:

Hi again, JF

I've found that, unless you have people who express an interest in reading the entire manuscript, it's better to upload, at a maximum, 25,000 words. It seems very rare for a reviewer to go over that amount, unless they're interested enough.

My full manuscript is up right now because a few Book Country members expressed interest in reading the entire manuscript. Once they've finished their reviews, I'll be taking down a fair amount of the story. I might leave up 5 chapters, at the most, until someone else says they'd be interested in the entire manuscript.

Most members don't read the entirety of a full manuscript, I've found. I've gotten a ton of reviews on my first few chapters, and maybe a handful for the first half of the manuscript.

Hope that helps.

Amber

It does help! Thanks!

Jump to different Forum...