RSS Feed Print
The Love of Romance
Jamie Lynn Boothe
Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2015 5:00 PM

I love writing romance!! I love the passion, the quirkiness of two people wanting and needing one another. I love the scenes I create in my head and put on paper about the touches, kisses, tender words that just might lead into whimpers of passion. I love the story line that leads into a desperate scene. I love everything about writing romance. I have posted today a short story collection with five stories of love and inspiration. I also have two romance novels (that are not on here yet) that have been recently published but are no longer available. I hope to have them out again soon.

The topic of romance is a huge deal for me. I'm a very sensitive, passionate, romantic guy so it's natural for me to write it. Plus, it helps me release some of my inner wants and needs since I'm single. Anyhow, romance is one of the biggest sellers out there right? What do you love most about writing a romance novel/short story?   

Jamie Lynn Boothe

Amanda Kimberley
Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2015 5:07 PM

Romance is a new genre for me. I've written in poetry, prose, and nonfiction mostly, but once I turned 40, I really thought it was time for me to write about something I throughly enjoy. I've been a romance novel junkie ever since I was 11 and I especially need my fix during the lazy days of summer. I used to lock myself in my room and read at least one novel a week during the summer. It was only natural that I would gravitate to wanting to write a romance! As far as what I enjoy the most about writing one, I'd have to say that I enjoy building the story around two strong characters the most.
Jamie Lynn Boothe
Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2015 5:33 PM

Hi Amanda...I agree with you on building around the characters and I have read quite a few romance novels myself. If someone were to see me they would never in a million years see me as a man who loves reading and writing romance, but like the old saying goes, you can't judge a book by it's cover. I like other genres as well, but romance is my favorite. I seem to gravitate mostly around women being the main character in my stories. Women, in my opinion, the strongest of the two sexes as well as the most romantic in most cases that I have seen. I love writing about a woman's emotions, wants, needs, fantasies and desires. In my short story collection though I kept it pretty clean because I want to attract the younger audience as well.

Jump to different Forum...