RSS Feed Print
wonderful, awkward, technology
Lucy Basey
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:54 PM

Gone are the days of courting and getting to know each other face to face, gone are the days of arranging a meeting without texting to confirm and gone are the days of running late without being able to tell someone how much longer you'll be (unless your phone dies)

While technology is wonderful and so helpful in everyday life, it is somewhat of a struggle to include realistic technology uses in writing, who wants to read a book full of text messages and emails? I was wondering what others do to overcome this hurdle, specifically in YA where most teens have a phone strapped to their hand permanently. I find myself stumbling to a stop whenever I come to a point in a story I'm reading where a problem could be overcome, but isn't, by a simple text message. I also fall headfirst into writer's block when I realise that I've neglected to use phonecalls or emails the way they are used today in my own writing.

What are your thoughts?

Dravid
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:01 AM

Gidday, guess what I'm a 5th generation Australian.

How you going girl?

I have a planet discovered by the mighty Trolly called Respect planet. Earth rated at 8000AD, UBA modern.

One thing they have is a 'Ands'.

A Ands clamps onto your forearm and has a key board and a pop up screen ; a camera or 3 ; A computer that would make a cray computer seem like a slow piece of shit. It can swipe for a bill or sort a table in a restaurant depending on one's standing.

I find a future world very hand work.

Do try the book, 'Gillian'.

Dravid.

Jump to different Forum...