RSS Feed Print
Changes to the Book Country Logged Out Homepage
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 11:54 AM

Using member feedback, we've designed some changes to the logged-out Book Country homepage. If you aren't logged in tomorrow, and you go to www.BookCountry.com, you'll see an enhanced site layout that will look fairly different than what you're used to. We hope that you'll enjoy using what we're putting together. We've designed it so that it will be easier to navigate to helpful content, connect with members, find resources on the craft of writing and the business of publishing, and, of course, explain what Book Country is all about: exchanging feedback to write your best book.

For those of you who use the persistent login from your own computers, you might not notice the change. For those of you who login and log out every day, the red "login" button at the top right of your screen will remain the same.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or run into any site bugs, please let us know by emailing support@BookCountry.com. We're excited about how we're developing the site, and we're grateful for all the suggestions that the community has given us as we've grown and improved. Thank you!

D J Lutz
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2015 6:12 AM
I normally stay logged in, but took a look at the new homepage. Nice! I especially like the 'connect to writers' section with thumbnails. Keeps the focus on real people writing real words, nothing overtly commercial. That said, when I went to the author listing, I found a few that seemed to be spam. Not sure how you can get the system to flag those accounts for review, but it may be worth a few minutes of pondering.

Jump to different Forum...