RSS Feed Print
Introducing myself(1)
A Lifetime in Aries
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 6:52 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Joe and I am aspiring to be a writer. I am currently working on a book that I started over three years ago. On a cruise to Bermuda I started to write, six hours a day for seven days straight (apologies to my wife). Upon our return to dry land I wrote for three days more, then I did not touch pen to paper for more than a year, my restaurant took up to much of my time, and my passion waned as my responsibilities grew. The following year's vacation was spent typing what I had to computer, then once again I did not touch or add to it in anyway.

I have since closed my restaurant, nothing to do about failure, more to do about boredom. This past November, for whatever reason, I picked it up and fell in love all over again. I find myself peculiar on how I set it down and forget. Now I am consumed with its molding, fine tuning, and eventual publication.

I am an avid reader in spurts. I'll read the hunger games trilogy in a week or so, but then I won't touch a story for a month. I spend a lot of time staying interested in the world, which to me means surfing YouTube for any and all conspiracies. Gone with the Wind, Clan of the Cave bear series, Man child in the promised land, the Vampire Chronicles, and Harry Potter are some of the big epic reads that I have enjoyed.

I will, in short order, put something up in this arena for your critics, suggestions, and fingers crossed, your praise. until that time I thank many of you for your warm welcome and quick responses.

I have enjoyed some good reading from Rob Emery (Fish Camp), Amber Wolfe (Destinies Bond), and Marlin55 (Search for The Hercules) with the last two to be reviewed.

In closing I am excited about finding this site, helping in anyway that I can and taking help from any and all.

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 8:27 PM

Hi, A Lifetime in Aries. Welcome to Book Country

We've already connected on the site, but I wanted to greet you here. I'm so glad you're enjoying Destiny's Bond. Once you have a manuscript up, I'll be more than willing to review it for you in return. Send me a private message or comment on this thread, and I'll review--even if you end up not finishing the review on Destiny's Bond.

So happy you like being a part of this community. We love to aid each other in our growth as writers--eight months ago, I really wasn't that good at Craft. But I've improved, and plan to continue in improving until I'm efficient. If you have questions about the site or who you should connect with, contact Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager. She should be able to help you in making friends and answering questions you might have.

Hope you continue to enjoy our community, and that we can be friends

Happy Writing!

Amber

Lynn Stevens
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:59 AM

*waves*

Jump to different Forum...