RSS Feed Print
Hello, my name is _____
D.A. Wetherell
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 7:48 PM

D.A. Wetherell. I blog at brofessionalwriter.wordpress.com. I am excited to read and review many people's work, and I hope to receive some feedback on my own as well. I write lots of book reviews, and I would love to review yours as well. Shoot me a message and connect with me, and maybe I'll review your book!
Amber Wolfe
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 11:40 PM

Hi, D.A. Wetherell. Welcome to Book Country. I'm certain you'll make a lot of writer's friends here and discover that Book Country is a group of people wanting to see each other succeed.

That's so cool you blog and review so much. I'm going to send you a connection request so we can be friends. And I'll be glad to review your work for you.

Happy Writing!

D.A. Wetherell
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 9:29 PM

Once again, I'd be happy to review anyone and everyone's book. I think I'd rather review than write my own. Feel free to look me up on LinkedIn as well and lets connect! (maybe even endorse me for book reviewing if you like).
curtis bausse
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 6:57 AM

Thanks for the connection request, Davis - glad to respond! And welcome to Book Country.
Amber Wolfe
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:51 AM

D.A, you mean to review on this site exclusively, right? Because the manuscripts posted here are WIPs, not finished drafts. We're working to polish and better the stories. Reviews are meant to give encouragement and point out spots the reviewer thinks needs work, and ideas on how to do so. They're also meant to give thoughts on the story as a whole, the writer's style, what they enjoyed about the story, etc.

If you do mean to review exclusively here, my manuscript Destiny's Bond could use some feedback. My short story Scarlet Crimson could benefit from other opinions, as well. But I'd prefer reviews remain only here on Book Country, since I'm still trying to improve the stories. (I'm a new writer, still learning the craft)

Thanks. And Happy Reviewing!

PS, here's a list of manuscripts who could use some reviews:

A Lamentation of Swans by Crispin Southwood (Traditional Fantasy)

Bog Witch Brewery by Lynn Rushlau (YA Fantasy)

Search For The Hercules by Marlin Williams (Alternate History)

Hands of Ash by Lee Holt (High/Epic Fantasy) This one's seeking reviews on the entire manuscript, rather than simply the first couple chapters

Delwyn of the Realm by Kelly Proudfoot (Slipstream/Interstices)

Forever Bound by Amanda Kimberley (Paranormal Romance, EARLY DRAFT)

Scion of the Ring (Part 1) by S.M. Roffey (High/Epic Fantasy)

Some of the people here are shy/busy, so they don't ask for reviews--or accept the offering of a person offering reviews. So I've done it for them

Hope that list is sufficient. And I'm looking forward to seeing you--and your feedback--around Book Country. And remember, none of the manuscripts here are finished drafts. The writers are still looking on ways to improve the story, so please don't write a review thinking the story is done. I sincerely recommend not posting a review on another site about one you read here, unless you feel it deserves high praise or mention.

Your friend, Amber.

D.A. Wetherell
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:02 AM

Of course, Amber. What is read on Book Country stays on Book Country. Thanks for the tips!
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:02 AM

Hi DA, welcome to Book Country! Thanks for posting and introducing yourself. It's great that you are connecting to other writers and reviewing their work!

Let me know if you have any questions or need help as you get acquainted with the site.

Great suggestions, Amber!

Lucy

Jump to different Forum...