RSS Feed Print
New to BC
Marlin55
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 12:06 PM

I'd like to start out by saying hello to all of you here. My name is Marlin Williams and I just recently joined and I'm excited to get to know you. A little bit about myself, I started out as a free lance writer for online publications on health and fitness, but I've always wanted to write fiction in the science fiction genre. So I entered Hubpages' Patron of the Arts Contest back in 2011 and much to my surprise I won the grand prize. It's the only contest that I ever entered but it did help to inspire me to write more. I've written one novel and numerous short stories through other publishers, but when I found Book Country I felt like I was home. I'm a simple guy that loves the written word. I've had a chance to look at some of the work on here and I can see there are many talented authors, and I hope to get to do some critique work soon. As far as myself, I'm working on a science fiction piece at this moment that I plan on publishing in 3 segments and I would value your feedback. Good luck with all your writing endeavors and I hope to talk with you all more.
Amber Wolfe
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:39 PM

Hey, Marlin. Welcome to Book Country. You sound like a talented guy. I'll take a look at that WIP of yours.

Happy Writing!

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:52 PM

Marlin, I went to your profile page, but you don't have a WIP posted yet. Review someone else's manuscript so you can post your own. Then comment on this thread and I'll check yours out.

Good luck in all your writing endeavors.

Marlin55
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 9:13 PM

Thank you Amber. I will be posting a WIP very soon, and I have plans to begin doing reviews this week.
Marlin55
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 9:13 PM

Hi Amber, thank you for the greetings.
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 5:18 PM

Hi Marlin--I see you've jumped right in and started reviewing here on the site.  Fantastic!

Thanks, Amber, for welcoming Marlin. Love that community spirit!

Jean Marie
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 7:30 PM

happy

Hi all, I've been hanging around for a bit, so I thought it was time to introduce myself-Jean Marie, here. Or, JM, or whatever. Some call me Jean, your choice. Jean Marie's my first name, and when my mom called me that, I was usually in trouble.

A few weeks ago, I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Alex Rosa, out in California, (where I was raised and now living in CT) and she spoke so highly of Book Country, that I joined when I returned home. Of course, it took me 3 days to upload my book, Case of the Missing Look-Alikes due to jet lag and whatever else. Okay, I'm not technologically inclined and between setting up a profile, bio, a bit about the book, then there were spaces for links? Seriously? So, I set up a blog, then  twitter, and messed up the upload and had to call NY 3 times to get it right.  Finally did.  I wish I knew who I'd spoken with so I could thank him? Poor fella.

So, here I am and I have to say it's all Alex said and more.  A lot has happened since I've been here, I've spent most of my time getting familiar with the site, looking around and very busy with my next book.  Also doing a lot of querying.  I volunteer as an EMT, so that keeps me busy, too. Okay, that's enough for now. I mostly wanted to say hello and let you know who I am and that I'm very happy to be here.

Jump to different Forum...