RSS Feed Print
Best road to getting published... All you need is a great story and willingness to write professionally.
Michael R Hagan
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 11:09 AM

• Hi.
  • Anyone not getting submissions read by literary agents?
  • I've just had my Horror/Supernatural Thriller published by Bookkus Publishing, where the reviewers choose what gets put through for publication.
  • Successful books get line edits, developmental edits, and marketing by Bookkus, prior to publication... Obviously authors don't pay for anything
  • ... A genuinely great Publisher of the people! They've a Google Hangout coming up on 30th Nov... Why not drop by, chat and see what they're about? www.bookkus.com
  • So far this year 3 authors from Bookcountry have been awarded publishing contracts with Bookkus... Give yourself the best possible chance; the best books will make it!
Feel free to ask any questions you may have here, or on my website www.michaelrhagan.com
Good luck, Mike.

Mimi Speike
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 4:31 PM

OK, Michael, who built your site? 

I've read good things about Weebly and also Wix. Do you know anything about them? I made a promise to myself to start the process this weekend, and the weekend is half over. Crap!

I have long had the notion that the usual portrait format, occupying the center of the new wider screens, ought to be obsolete. I want to create a site that takes full advantage of the landscape view. What do you think about that? Is there any reason why that's not a good idea?

Michael R Hagan
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 5:46 PM

Hey Mimi

I found 'asmallorange' to be very user friendly. There's a large choice of formats...no real advantages or disadvantages to each other than personal preference. I confess, I chose the easiest looking to maintain. btw I'm virtually computer illiterate, and their online, real-time advisors talked me through anything which confused me in nice little baby-steps....And I mean Ba...by...steps...hehe!

Michael R Hagan
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 5:47 PM

www.asmallorange.com
Mimi Speike
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 8:06 PM

You sound like me. Visually sophisticated, web-tech dunce. If I could create my page in Quark or InDesign and go - zap! - I would be fine.  I can do anything in those apps. The sky's the limit.

Well, I've got to start somewhere. Baby steps. Yes, indeed. 

Michael R Hagan
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 12:07 PM

Hey guys... Admin and members,

Bookkus are having a 'Google Hangout' tomorrow. Come, chat, and hear how to get your own work to traditional publication.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cav3pvv8fon0pk9qirgdp9r0ek0?cfem=1

Remember, no less than 3 Book Country members have had their novels published by Bookkus.

Good luck and hope to see you there.

Mike

KrisLib
Posted: Friday, March 6, 2015 7:20 PM

I really love Wix. Easy to use and very visual. Created my site there: www.kristinalibby.com
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:55 AM

Last week on the Book Country blog, featured literary agent Mary C. Moore echoed Mike's point about professionalism. In her post, she was saying that some writers send in queries with things like, "I'm sick, this is my last chance to get published." WHAT! Hold the phone.

Agents select their clients for the quality of their manuscripts, not for how sad their situation might be!!

Jump to different Forum...