RSS Feed Print
Where are the author photos on Book Country?
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 12:16 PM

Writers (unpublished, about to be published, published without a lot of fanfare) go to the conferences I go to and ask what they can do to start a "platform." They want to know secrets of social media, blogging, website development, advertising, getting reviews, and networking.

Recently I have been on a kick where I tell them that the very first thing that writers should do for their platform is to have a proper author photo taken. Grab a friend, find a sunny spot, and have them take a nice photo of you that you can stick onto your Book Country profile and other social media accounts. It should NOT be a selfie. It should NOT be in your car. It should not be clearly cropped from a group shot of you at someone's bachelorette party. It should reflect how you want to be seen as a writer, whether you are going to be published next week or published in 20 years.

Quick--before the weather gets too heinous to go outside this winter--get a nice photo taken and upload it to your Book Country profile.Show yourself off as a writer!

jessicahawkins
Posted: Saturday, November 8, 2014 1:52 AM

I need to do this! At first I was uncomfortable even putting up my photo anywhere, but I'm slowly getting there. This is going on my list of things to do once I finish my current project.
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2014 10:59 AM

Knowing you, I am sure your author photo will turn out great. Can't wait to see it!

Jump to different Forum...