RSS Feed Print
Stop and Comment
GD Deckard
Posted: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 2:59 PM

@ Andree

You are a good teller of classic stories, the kind I grew up reading, with the twist at the end. I looked at The Meek and just kept reading to the end. So I posted a review of From Reality's Edge. You create interesting characters, believably describe their situations, and the dialogue rings true. You didn't ask about pace and please don't take this wrong when I suggest that more show & less tell would speed up the pace of the story. I found myself wanting to know more than mere telling can tell. If that makes any sense? Even so, your stories are enjoyable. Thanks for sharing some.

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2014 2:27 PM

Hi to everyone on this thread--I think you should all check out Amber Wolfe and her book DESTINY'S BOND. I started reading this morning -- I think it's really good and fantasy fans will really like it, too. I know Amber is eager to connect with other writers and I think you all will really be great feedback partners for one another.

GD Deckard
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2014 2:52 PM

Hy'as Amber, Welcome!

Feel free to jump into the dialogue pool. Two threads you might check are "The Three-Sentence Horror Story" -we're having fun there- and, if you care to share any hard earned advice with new writers, "ADVICE TO NEW WRITERS."

Jump to different Forum...