RSS Feed Print
Rarity from the Hollow
Robert Eggleton
Posted: Sunday, July 6, 2014 5:06 PM

Hi! 

In 2006, I created the Lacy Dawn Adventures Project. Three short stories have been published, two in print magazines and one in an electronic magazine.   Rarity from the Hollow, my first novel, was published by a short-lived ebook publisher started by the Acquisition Editor for the University of Michigan Library.  In 2012, it was reprinted by Dog Horn Publishing located in Leeds.  Unfortunately, sales have been poor despite several glowing book reviews and blurbs, including by the Missouri Review, Darrell Bain, Piers Anthony, Barry Hunter, and others.  I believe that several factors may have contributed to my lack of success:  my poor self-promotion skill, mixed genre of the work, book covers that didn’t target a specific audience, lack of advertising funds in the budgets of small presses.  

I'm a therapist in a community mental health center.  In a couple of years I'm eligible for Medicare.  Assuming continued good health, I plan to spend my retirement writing, writing, and more writing..

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Monday, July 7, 2014 11:02 AM

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Book Country!

Thanks for introducing yourself. It's really interesting to learn more about your work and your experience working with different publishers.

I saw on your profile page that the Lacy Dawn books are scifi that raise awareness and funds to prevent child abuse. That sounds interesting--tell us more about that.

And of course I am also very curious to find out if you will be uploading any of RARITY FROM THE HOLLOW to share with the community on Book Country. I would love to check it out.

Please let me know how I can help show you around Book Country!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Jump to different Forum...