RSS Feed Print
Where did that go?
Mimi Speike
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2014 2:24 PM

I'm trying to reply to Dbl_Jay's last post, and it has disappeared. 

I agree with you, Jay. Formulas create dependable momentum, which sells. I buy that. Mainstream readers, we are told, value action over insight. But psychological complexity is usually far less than I would prefer to see. I do not enthusiastically read a story unless I understand the characters from the inside out.

What you describe is more literary, more exploratory, and potentially, far more thrilling. Insights into behaviors please me more (generally, I’m sure I could come up with exceptions) than the behaviors themselves. This, for an author, is the tougher row to hoe. I admire your independent spirit.  

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

The topic, I believe it was called The Art of Fiction, got lost here. Yesterday morning, I tried and tried, on both Safari and Chrome, to bring up the reply screen, with no success. I finally hit quote, and it obliged me. I made a comment, hit post, my screen went blank, and stayed blank, and when I wiggled my way back to Discussion/Workshopping, etc, the topic had vanished.

--edited by Mimi Speike on 6/16/2014, 5:50 PM--

Yellowcake
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2014 9:55 PM

Hmmm... something screwy going on.. I have no reply button in firefox, Safari is OK, and i can't see the thread your talking about? ... maybe deleted?

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:03 AM

Hi to you both--can you send screenshots of the issue to support@BookCountry.com?

And you both are working on Macs, right?

Lucy

Mimi Speike
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:11 AM

I have restarted. I am now in Safari and it is working normally (speed wise). For a day now I have been unable to bring up the reply window, and every item I hit had been very slow to respond. In Safari I would hit reply and got a blank screen that hung there, no sign of turning into a reply box. This is now posting properly. Now I'll try Chrome.

--edited by Mimi Speike on 6/17/2014, 11:15 AM--

Mimi Speike
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:17 AM

It seems to be back to normal. Strange. Yellowcake, try restarting.

--edited by Mimi Speike on 6/17/2014, 11:52 AM--

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:36 AM

Hi Mimi,

I am glad you are able to reply, but I am still concerned about that string of text that comes up with your posts sometimes. It's an issue that I have only ever seen from your posts, but I know that you aren't able to see why it's happening. If you find any clues about it, will you send me an email at support@bookcountry.com?

Lucy

Mimi Speike
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:55 AM

Yes, Lucy, that still happens on my Chrome. But it doesn't display there. I have to reinstall, I guess. I had been forced to use Chrome for the last two days because, as I said, I could not bring up a reply box in Safari.

Jump to different Forum...