RSS Feed Print
L. Avery Brown - I write, I review, I wait for people to read my work
L. Avery Brown
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2014 12:05 PM

Hi. I joined this site shortly after completing the NaNoWriMo contest sometime in December of 2013, I think. 

Anywhoooo - I joined because it was 'the' site listed by the folks at NaNoWriMo as a great spot to put your books. 

So, I joined and put my erotica (though I like to think of it more as 'romantica' because when I think 'erotica' I think harsh and lacking the ups and downs found in true romance. But when I think romantica, I think of steamy romances. Very steamy romances but romances nonetheless. 

I do belong to another site where I've posted other work that isn't at all close to erotica or romance. Mainly short stories and one novel that's been completed (I'm simply waiting to get enough money to have it professionally edited - which is weird, because I am an editor. But I will not edit my own work for FINAL edits, that is. Nope. I'm entirely too close to it to do that.

And since my book here, Covet Not Thy Brother's Wife, is so out of the norm for me, I wanted to post it here to see what folks who didn't know me first as the writer of shorts and dramatic contemporary literature could give me feedback. Because, let's face it, my other writing friends (though a few of them are actually here at Book Country) are just that - my friends - and I'm not sure how they would respond to me with the book. Would they be honest and say 'this works, this doesn't'? Or would they go 'it was good.'? And leave it at that. 

Which brings me to here and now. I've had all of 2 people read my book here and yes, the reviews were really nice. But I'm looking for more input and wondering how to go forward. 

I'm not ashamed of my story. Not in the least! And I don't care if I'm a genre-jumping fool!

Now - since this is supposed to be an 'introduce yourself' sort of place. I suppose I should say...

I'm a former teacher. I gave it up about 8 years ago to write (with my husband and daughter's blessings - great family!) And now I write, edit, and help others get noticed by agents as a literary liaison. 

I run a book review site (well, actually 2 as I'm transitioning the old site into a more interactive site) called The Magnolia Blossom Review. It's a labor of love.

And when I get a chance, I write. 

So, if you get a chance (and if you're looking for a very steamy romance with turmoil and all that sort of stuff) please read 'Covet Not Thy Brother's Wife'

If you'd like to check out some of my other work - please visit my personal website www.laverybrown.com

Thanks!

Jump to different Forum...