RSS Feed Print
SCBWI Members
Julie Artz
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 5:03 PM

I was wondering if there are any SCBWI Members here on Book Country, particularly any who might be in the "International Central" chapter...I would love to see some more middle grade fiction here, so I thought I'd ask.
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:32 PM

Hi Julie--When I was living in Paris I was in the SCWBI loop--is that the same chapter as you? It was years ago but I'm still on the mailing list for the Parisian events. Don't know if that's helpful, but let me know if I can help make connections.

In the meantime, tell us about how you're involved with SCWBI. I think BC members would love to know more about it--and I would, too!

Lucy

Julie Artz
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:47 AM

I am a new SCBWI member, so I'm no expert, but they do seem to have a lot of nice resources and events aimed at children's book writers and illustrators. Membership includes a great book, updated annually, with magazines, agents and publishers who specifically want children's writers. 

I just wish I lived somewhere that had an active chapter. Finland gets dumped into the "International" bucket, so I don't think there are any local meetings. But hey, I'll be in the US all summer long, so hopefully I can attend some things in the midwest.

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:13 AM

Very cool!

Not sure where you will be in the Midwest, but I seem to recall that there is a pretty active SCWBI chapter in Iowa. I have a feeling there are more SCWBI members here on BC, too. If I run into any, I will send them over to this thread.

Lucy

Jump to different Forum...