RSS Feed Print
JFK Assassination--50 Year Anniversary: Who's writing about it?
Lucy Silag
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 4:45 PM

Today is the 50 year anniversary of the JFK assassination. Publishers have been putting out so many books to tie into the event (mostly narrative nonfiction and political analyses), and I’ve been fascinated reading all the coverage in People Magazine and Entertainment Weekly. I even found myself watching that old movie starring Kevin Costner—all three hours of it! (It’s a great movie, if you haven’t seen it.)

I know there are a lot of history enthusiasts here in the BC community. Has anyone else been reading or thinking about this lately? Has it been inspiring your work?

It’s such an enigmatic time in US history, I’d love to read more fiction and novelizations that have to do with it. Share a link to your book if it’s something you’ve posted on BC.

Lucy

A Lifetime in Aries
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 8:57 AM

Hello Lucy, I am a little late to write an anniversary book on the assassination itself, but that said I think the fallout from his death is just as riveting and down right incriminating to Johnson. Between the escalation in the Vietnam action, and the reversal of monetary policy I don't understand how anyone can believe in any of the "successors" since.

Not sure if politics is an off limit topic, but you started it, ha ha.

By the way, JFK was an awesome movie.

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:58 PM

Hi, @Aries!

Welcome to Book Country! Looking forward to learning more about you and your writing. Have you introduced yourself yet?

Lucy

Jump to different Forum...