RSS Feed Print
Brand New
niclf
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2013 3:48 PM

Hello, 

I joined today, lost most of my afternoon in a good book (on here), wrote a hopefully helpful review and am now wondering about how I can best use this site to actually get off my bum and finish my own novels. 

I have two (all over the place) drafts of two very different novels, one YA fantasy and the other Lit Fic. I teach teenagers English which I love, but mainly just results in me being unable to string a sentence together by the weekend. Frazzled brain means I am the queen of typos.  

Where should I dive in first? Does anyone here take part in NaNoWriMo? I personally love it because it is the only time of the year that I get any decent number of words written (even if I rarely make it near 50k). 

And finally, is it ok to just post a few chapters at a time of a novel for workshopping? I am in the process of rewriting large chunks of both novels and it would be great to get some feedback as I am working. Or is it better to wait until I have a finished draft?

Apologies for all the random questions!

Nic 

Lucy Silag
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:20 PM

Hi Nic! Huge welcome to you!

It's great to hear that you've been reading on the site, and enjoying it. I am about to send you a connection request so that I can message you with some resources for getting going on Book Country.

It's fantastic to hear that you are doing NaNoWriMo--so are we! Check out this page on the NaNoWriMo site. We also just launched the NaNoWriMo Discussion Board on Book Country, so be sure and check in as NaNoWriMo goes on!!

We've got some exciting plans in the works for the month of November for BC members doing NaNoWriMo, I will be sure to keep you in the loop!!

In the meantime, let's connect here.

Thanks for introducing yourself, and looking forward to checking out your work!

Lucy Silag

Lucy@BookCountry.com

Jump to different Forum...