RSS Feed Print
I'm sorry, here's what's still annoying me ...
Mimi Speike
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 12:09 PM

We get updates under Discussions You're Following, fine. Under the news feed, we get the same information with a more prominent attribution, a photo (in my case, a squiggle. I'll fix that shortly): So-and-so has posted an update in the discussion you're following ... 

We used to have additional information: So-and-so has posted in Such-and-such. (So-and-so being a person I'm following, regardless of of whether I was following that particular discussion.) I love to see what my favorite people are saying, and they may well go to a topic that I have not yet discovered. 

This is what annoys me, having to comb through a list, when I used to see Carl's or GD's or Atthys' smiling? (hard to tell; I like to think so) or Jay's rather more intimidating (shall I say, quixotic?) visage, big, bright, front and center, with those oh-so-useful (I like hyphens, can you tell?) little black boxes with numbers in them. 

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Instant Gratification, as in the golden days of yore. Nothing you've got now matches it. But, as you can (hopefully) see, I'm trying to make do. Until (if ever) you see the light. (Yeah, I like parentheses too.)

--edited by Mimi Speike on 9/29/2013, 1:04 PM--

Lucy Silag
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 2:40 PM

Hi Mimi,

Just wanted to send you a quick thanks for your feedback, and tell you that I am making notes on it to talk about with the BC team. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how the site is working for you.

As always, you can email us more info at support at bookcountry dot com or lucy at bookcountry dot com.

Thank you, Mimi!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Mimi Speike
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 3:56 PM

Also, in the old format the notices/prompts disappeared as soon as you clicked on them. Can this be brought back as well?
Lucy Silag
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:32 PM

Hi Mimi,

I want to make a note of what you are seeing with the notifications for our technical support team--would you be willing to send me a screenshot of what you are seeing so that I can make sure I understand the issue? Send it to us at support at bookcountry dot com.

Thank you, Mimi!

Lucy

Jump to different Forum...