RSS Feed Print
Back in action, 10+ years later.
Avmorket Friovaer
Posted: Thursday, August 8, 2013 1:34 AM

Well, after more than 10 years, and several lost manuscripts (over 80 pages each) I decided to get back into writing.  I tend to write fantasy, concidering my mind is in space/a dream world half the time, so some of what I wish or dream that I could do, ends up in my books.  I guess you could say my current writing is a combo of LOTR and D&D.  After losing my original writings, life took over and I had to grow up.  I joined the Marine Corps, got married, and now have two daughters; hence the lack of writing til recently.  I look forward to reviewing some writings, and eventually sharing my own.  Learning by example, I'll probably see others critiques, and implement the advice as applicable to my own.  

I use the name, Avmorket Friovaer as a ghost/use name, for, as I used to roleplay with the name for years, it has become my creative personality, to which I can step away from reality and write.  I may also continue on, using it as my author name when publishing.

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:21 AM

Welcome to our community! You'll see that there is a merry band of fantasy peeps on the site. Make sure to post about your fantasy books here when you upload them to the site.

I'm glad that you're back in the game after a ten-year hiatus. Writing is one of the most rewarding things in life, isn't it? =)

Anyway, my name is Nevena and I am the Book Country coordinator. You will see me and my colleague Lucy (who's the CM) hanging out on the forums quite a bit. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions about the site. My email address is nevena AT bookcountry DOT com. In the meantime, here are a some video tutorials that can get you started. 

Cheers.

Nevena

Jump to different Forum...