RSS Feed Print
In need of reviews
Arizona Flame
Posted: Thursday, July 4, 2013 12:06 PM

Hello. 
I have been a member for a couple of weeks.  Today is the first day I truly started utilizing this resource.  So far, I loaded an eBook cover  and I download a poetry book . 

I am ready to post. I was wondering whether anyone here would be interested in reviewing poetry? This first book is entitled Cancer Is My Name.  

I have stage 4 colon cancer. There is nothing else medically which can be done for me.

Generally, I write novels.  However, upon getting cancer, my emotion now comes out poetically.  I have published 5 poetry books. Cancer Is My Name is filled with tears, laughter and memories.  It is spiritual, inspirational and soul searching.  I write of mortality, death and dying.  Many of these poems are the result of visions and dreams I have had in response to my prayers.

Like most of you, I have always wanted to be published.  I have all the excuses why I never did...time, money, raising kids etc... Funny, now that I have cancer, I have all the time in the world to be a fulltime writer.  Now I write for the grandchild I will never hold.  I want this child to know me.  My need to be a successful author has grown stronger now that I know my time is running out.  I will die within a year or so.  My words will live. 

I did not intend to write all of this, today is one of my emotional days. I will finish building my profile and will happily do reviews.  I am just hoping someone will be interested in reading my work.  Each book has about 100 poems.  I have one which has a little more humor and sexy poems, if that meets your taste better...Wink.

I suppose anyone interested in reading my books can email me here and friend me. I will also read your works.  

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Hoping to hear from some of you,

Renee Robinson

Brandi Larsen
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 7:42 PM

Dear Renee,

Welcome to Book Country.

I'm sorry to hear about the circumstance that brings you to write. For the loved ones I've lost, it's the words that they've said and written that echo in my mind and give me the comfort of knowing them even though they're no longer here.

I hope you find others here with whom you can connect around poetry. Poetry is one of the areas we considered when expanding the genre map with the redesign, and it's still on our list as we continue to grow.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything as you get to know Book Country.

Best,

Brandi

Book Country Director

Jump to different Forum...