RSS Feed Print
Have a new Horror project to workshop on Book Country? Need readers? Share here!
Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 9:56 AM

Hi there, horror writers!

If you have a newly-posted manuscript on Book Country, and are seeking readers & feedback, here's the place to talk about it. Go for it.

Nevena

BC Coordinator

--edited by Nevena Georgieva on 7/2/2013, 9:56 AM--

M. D. P.
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 2:06 AM

Nevena Georgieva wrote:

Hi there, horror writers!

I need a writing software to begin writing my book... and I also need a book cover maker to design my cover...

--edited by M. D. P. on 7/14/2013, 2:08 AM--

Lucy Silag
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 1:21 PM

Hi M.D.P.!

Welcome to Book Country! We are super excited to have you here with us.

I'd love to help you get your needs met on the site. Are you looking for recommendations about word processing software, formatting software, or something else? Perhaps you are looking to self-publish your book using our software, which is really easy. Here's the FAQ for publishing on Book Country: http://www.bookcountry.com/Help/Publish.aspx

and here are video tutorials that can help you get oriented to Book Country in general, as well as how to publish on Book Country:

http://www.bookcountry.com/Publish/HowItWorks/Videos/

Book Country does offer custom cover design services. Right now, in celebration of the Book Country relaunch, you can have a custom cover designed for $99 via the "Publish" section of the site (that's the gray tab at the far right of your screen). Here's an intro to how our custom cover design services work:

http://www.bookcountry.com/Publish/Services/ServiceDetail.aspx?ServiceId=BS-5031

We also have a cover designer tool that you can try out for free when you post work on the site, either for workshop + feedback (via the "Read & Review" section of the site on the dark blue tab to the far left of your screen) or via "Publish," if you are ready to distribute your book to all the online retailers and put it up for sale.

Let me know if I can offer more help leading you to exactly what you need!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

--edited by Lucy Silag on 7/14/2013, 1:24 PM--

Raymos Smith
Posted: Sunday, September 8, 2013 6:04 PM

Hello everyone, my name's Raymos Smith, and i've recently added my full length story here on book country.  It's entitled 'Dying to Meat You' and it's my take on a zombie story.  I'd love to hear some feedback from some other writers.  I believe it is a good re-invention of the genre.  It's all about the first few hours of an outbreak and a couple dealing with the chaos and trying to get out of the town with a few of their friends.  Thanks to anyone who even took the time to read this.
Lucy Silag
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 11:46 AM

Hi Raymos, I saw that you posted your announcement about DYING TO MEAT YOU here and on the Introduce Yourself Discussion Forum, which is great. You also have 2 other threads going with the same announcement, and I need to delete those so that I can keep everything straightforward and clear on the message boards--we don't want people to get confused about the announcements. These 2 spots are the places they will find you.

About to send you a message to follow up with you about finding more readers for your book. Glad to have you here!

Lucy

Yellowcake
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:11 PM

Hi Everyone ... I'm looking to get some feedback on a couple of initial drafts. I've put them into a "hi there I'm a newby saying hello" thread but I'm thinking that I should have replied in this thread instead, so apologies for double posting.

the first one is : http://www.bookcountry.com/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=6207 Soulweaver

This one is my first go at horror/gothic/non-kid friendly. I've read through the first draft, and for me it reads OK ... but I'm thinking I can do better. I'm looking for a overall impression from you guys, conceptually, character development, voice ect... any feedback is greatly appreciated.

The other one, Tim is a little more light hearted: http://www.bookcountry.com/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=6211 Tim

This one is 90% finished. 2 or 3 more chapters to go and I'll have a complete first draft from start to end. Im quite happy with the way this one is developing. Target market for this would be 9-10 year olds and parents (some humour in there aimed directly and mums n dads). Once again, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing back from you and im really enjoying this creative medium - its a refreshing change from the soulless world of commercial graphic design .

Cheers

Al

--edited by Yellowcake on 1/26/2014, 5:15 PM--

Lucy Silag
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 1:12 PM

Hi, @Al! So glad that you introduced yourself on this thread. Sending you a connection request now so that I can help show you around the site. I've got some ideas for other writers you can connect with.

More via PM!

Lucy Silag

A.R. Price
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:12 PM

Hello I might be able to help you with your cover design. I did my own cover for my book The Apothecary Murders which i just uploaded for peer review. Get ahold of me if you want to discuss your cover.
Yellowcake
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:22 AM

Hey MDP. Send me through an outline and I'd love to have a crack at the cover if you haven't got that sorted yet  

Cheers

Al

Jump to different Forum...