RSS Feed Print
Thoughts on the new format
Mimi Speike
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 10:50 AM

I am missing the 'Topics You're Following' and the 'People You're Following'. That was so easy! You could see, at a glance, all the recent activity on your favorites. On the opening page, no digging required. Is that still here, somewhere? That was the great advantage of this site over the others. I am very disappointed.

How about a fifth tab on the home page, 'My Favorites'?

--edited by Mimi Speike on 6/24/2013, 11:04 AM--

Angela Martello
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 1:32 PM

Oh where or where is the list of books I've been following? And the list of titles I've already reviewed? I can't seem to find them anywhere. And I'm with Mimi on this - even though the list of topics I was following had a tendency to get unwieldy at times, I did rely on that list to see which topics had recent activity.

And, forgive me if this was already pointed out to members, but I haven't been on the site for some time now for personal reasons, but are we done with badges and buzzes?

Because I'm at work (and really should be editing), I haven't had much time to really look under the hood of the new site. It is quite a change, so I want to spend a fair amount of time exploring.

Mimi Speike
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 6:10 PM

I also miss the reviews. I have my personal reviews saved (somewhere) but I also use the reviews on the work of others as a guide and a classroom. I have my people whom I follow, whose opinions I value, and I try to learn from them. All those reviews are gone. Can we get them back?

I am aghast at some of the changes. Is it that the designers of the new site did not realize what we (I believe that this will be the universal opinion) loved about Book Country? I have joined and abandoned several other sites because it took so much effort to keep current, while it was so simple and easy on here. 

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 8:09 PM

I'm locking this thread since the right place to have this conversation is here. Feel free to copy-paste your comments into the new discussion if you want to share them with the other members. Thanks you for all of your thoughtful feedback. Keep it coming.

--edited by Nevena Georgieva on 6/24/2013, 8:09 PM--

Jump to different Forum...