RSS Feed Print
Hello! Newbie here and very green...
bulldogsluvme
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:19 AM

Hi everyone!  What a lucky break to find a site like bookcountry.com.  I've very excited to begin reading and posting.  I've been working on a novel for a while now and have about 14 (disjointed) chapters and am trying to finish the last two chapters.  I haven't downloaded it yet, I may edit it a bit more before I do.

I've been a huge book nerd for my entire life, and have written mostly short stories.  Non published (yet...  In college, part of my major was short story writing, so I have a true love for it.   Hence, finishing this novel sometimes feels like trying to get blood from a rock.

My strengths tend to be in my characters, my weaknesses tend to be grammer agreement.  Sometimes, I swear, it's as if I missed all of my elementary school grammer lessons.  If anyone knows of a free online grammer school, please let me know.

Looking forward to reading your stuff!

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:26 PM

Hi! Welcome to the site (=funhouse .

My name is Nevena and I'm the Book Country assistant. Feel free to turn to me with any questions you might have about the site. 

Here's a guide for newbie members that might help you get settled: https://www.bookcountry.com/Industry/Article.aspx?articleId=139379.

Also, you should totally join the Summer Writer's Club challenge; writers commit to writing 500 or 250 words a day for the summer, and share their progress with each other. Check it out: https://www.bookcountry.com/Industry/Article.aspx?articleId=141661.

Cheers!
Nevena
Brandi Larsen
Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:19 AM

Welcome to Book Country!

I hope you'll find a friendly group of writers who want to connect with you and help you improve your work as you prepare for publication.

Please let me know if there's anything you need. I can be found here, on Twitter (@brandilarsen), and via email brandi at bookcountry dot com.

Best,
Brandi
Book Country Director

PS- Love the bulldog!

Jump to different Forum...