RSS Feed Print
The lurker reveals herself!
Madeleine Aime
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2012 1:34 PM

Hello, everyone! (Don't you love how warmly generic that is?)

I discovered this website a couple semesters ago in one of my "library studies" courses. We were learning about the concept of crowd-sourcing and were instructed to find a functional example of it. I found an article on this website; it was entitled "How the Crowd is Shaping the Future of Storytelling". I was instantly enamored!

I've been lurking on this website with only my social ambivalence (it's not advanced enough to be "anxiety") holding me back. I was tempted to join, but now I have succumbed!

It is unlikely that I will publish any of my own works in the near future. I'm painfully shy. At the moment, I am interested in acquainting myself with the dynamics of this community and in meeting new people. I would also enjoy contributing by both responding to topics and reviewing books. I have a bent toward darkness, so I'll likely be caught in the "horror" section. 

My voracious appetite for somber stories belies my bubbly personality. I am just as interested in friends as I am in gory narratives!

Cheers!

Madeleine

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:33 AM

Hi Madeleine, 

Welcome to the community! And don't be shy--Book Country is an online workshop designed to help budding writers polish their craft and become more knowledgeable about the business of writing/publishing. Nobody expects perfection!

Cheers. 
Nevena from BC
Lisa Hoekstra
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:03 PM

Three cheers for Madeleine! Welcome to the foreground of BC, where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.

(just kidding about the rules being made up... though I guess in essence they are... hmmm)

I look forward to seeing you around.  

Jump to different Forum...