RSS Feed Print
Greetings from a square-peg romance writer
Mary Anne Landers
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:29 PM

Hello, Book Country members!  I just joined this community.  Here's a little about me.

I have many interests and read in a wide range of fields.  Right now I'm focusing on my work as a romance writer.

To me the best romances defy formulas.  I dig romances about real, unselfish love; heroines deeply involved in gripping situations; and heroes who are truly heroic---and don't have to be saved.  No redemption romances, power fantasies, alpha males, or control-freak heroines here. 

My kinds of romance characters are able to give love and worthy to receive it.  Their stories tell about love in the face of seemingly insurmountable obstacles, internal and external.  Love brings out the best in such characters.  I aim to celebrate the power, beauty, and wonder of love.

My favorite type of character comes into a story with as little emotional baggage as possible.  This frees me to deal with more interesting goings-on.

Currently I'm writing a futuristic romance.

Are you looking for a critique partner?  You're welcome to contact me through my Facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/maryannelanders

Good luck with your writing! 

Alexander Hollins
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 5:28 PM

futuristic, meaning sci fi?

Mary Anne Landers
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 8:25 PM

Thanks for your question, Alexander Hollins.  Yes, it's a science fiction romance.  I'm trying to make this project work as both science fiction and romance.  I hope it will appeal to readers in both genres.
Dennise Sleeper
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2012 7:04 PM
Sounds interesting. I'm not much of a romance reader, but do enjoy it when it's included in a regular work. I love reading science fiction and fantasy, so your books sounds right up my alley. Looking forward to your upload.

Jump to different Forum...