RSS Feed Print
Aspiring writer (18 years old) new to BC
Trey Adams
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 11:31 PM

Hello everyone, thought I'd introduce myself even though I've been on here a few months. I haven't done much because I'm currently an exchange student living in Russia and I'm busy practically day and night but every once in a while I find some time to sit down and write. I write mostly Action/Adventure anything from short stories (about 5 pages) up to novels. I finished my first novel at the end of my Sophomore year (just over 73,000 words) in High School and am now working on developing a Fantasy Series (of which I have no title) that I started with the idea of making an Epic about Spring last year. The extremely hectic and taxing life of the exchange student is somewhat prohibiting my ability to actually draw outlines and brain storm but when I'm in class and don't understand what the teacher is saying and need a break from studying the unstoppable beast that is the Russian language I jot down notes on characters, plot twists, etc.

I'll soon be posting some of my writings (mostly just excerpts to get opinions on writing style, too much/little detail/dialogue, etc.) and I hope that once I'm able to tame my lifestyle here a bit I can be involved in this community of writers. I know I'm young but I think I can still toss out a few ideas worth pondering and I certainly can take all the tips everyone is willing to give. If I want to survive in the world of writers I'll need to learn quite a bit.

Happy Writing Everyone

Dennise Sleeper
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 10:18 AM
Welcome to BC from a former host family. We hosted students from 1992 - 2003.

Hope you're keeping a journal. It'll be an asset for your writing and grandchildren.

Alexander Hollins
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:22 AM

Welcome!  Are you planning on polishing and revising your novels to send query's, or the self publishing route?

Trey Adams
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:15 AM

I was thinking of Self Publishing for a little while but I think doing that route wouldn't really turn out like I'm hoping I will. I would like to make a career out of writing (a career supplemented by another of course) and I know self publishing is definitely possible to earn money off of but the time required to be put in to market the book almost seems like I'd have to dedicate most of my day to just that. I mean its almost as if I were starting a business of my own, I'd need more time than I've got to work at it. I haven't completely ruled out that thought however, I'm a writer that likes to keep many roads open as long as I can.

LeeAnna Holt
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:30 PM

Welcome! Don't worry about being too young. I'm 22. I know what having a busy life and writing is like. I've been working on the same fantasy series for about 9 years, and only recently have come into some time. If you have any questions, feel free to post them. People are really helpful here.

Jump to different Forum...