RSS Feed Print
Open Invitation to read my Novel 'Of Rust and Rain'
Tony Colina
Posted: Friday, February 3, 2012 12:08 PM
hello everybody on Book Country.
I'm new in this site and I thought it'd be nice to say hello to you all, and invite you to read the first five chapters of my novel 'Of Rust and Rain', which you may find in the slipstream/interstices section of the site.
it's a dark story of deceipt, abuse and (hopefully) redemption featuring one-eyed, one-eared kids gifted with special powers, an average music seller who turns into a sort of impossible knight in shining armour, a wolfish being that personifies evil itself, and a world where, as the old saying goes, 'all that glitters is not gold.'
enjoy it and feel free to comment as you like.
every kind of feedback will be welcome.
Tony

Dennise Sleeper
Posted: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 2:34 PM
Welcome to BC. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I've found myself busy with writing assignments and trying to get my information together for taxes.
Hope you're digging in and getting involved with all the wonderful people here at BC.
See you around

Tony Colina
Posted: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 5:13 PM
hi Dennise, thanx for your welcome.
still getting my bearings in here.....but quite chuffed with it all, sure....
see you,
t

Dennise Sleeper
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 11:14 AM
One of the biggest reasons I try to get to all those who introduce themselves is because not one person welcomed me here when I introduced myself. However, I've learned a lot already and received some, only 4, but wonderful recommendations for my story. I've taken my story down and I'm working on the recommendations. One, not directed to me and from reading the discussions, but made sense, was to improve my writing through a writing course. I'm doing that now and that takes up a lot of the time I originally had for critiquing and personal writing. Anyway, you'll get out of this site what you take, not what is necessarily given to you.

Read the discussions that pertain to your story, even some that don't, learn what you can. Critique others, you'll find that helps your story a lot. You'll see mistakes in theirs that your brain, that loves you dearly, won't let you see in yours.

I'll get to your book asap. In the meantime, soak up what you can and try to find that which improves your writing.

Tony Colina
Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2012 12:37 PM
I'll surely follow your advice.
ty,
t

Dennise Sleeper
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:46 PM
Had a few minutes before closing that I didn't feel was long enough to work on my story for an anthology, so I checked out your book. It was perfect for the time I had. Hope my feedback is helpful. Not enough is up there to see your blurb come true. I really like your style, but feel it works better for short stories rather than a novel. Just my opinion.

Tony Colina
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:52 PM
I added two more chapters to the five I'd already posted, and I plan to add some more asap....

Jump to different Forum...